Free is Fabulous
2. Identify useful applications of these tools in the classroom or work environment.
3. Allow pedagogy to drive the technology.
Helpful Classroom Tools:
Online StopWatch - http://www.online-stopwatch.com/
Random Name Picker - http://www.classtools.net/main_area/template_loader.php/?fruit_machine
ClassTools - Fakebook, Fake SMS, Fake Tweet, Lights Out, Time Line
Twiddla - Web-based meeting playground
Worksheetworks - http://www.worksheetworks.com/
First Day of School~ SOC-679346
80's Trivia~ SOC-416620
American Revolution~ SOC-679318
Cartoon Trivia Quiz~ SOC-786053
Christmas Songs Trivia~ SOC-679351
https://getkahoot.com/ - Teacher
https://kahoot.it/ - Student
a. Poll Everywhere – http://www.polleverywhere.com
b. Cel.ly – http://cel.ly
c. Text The Mob - http://textthemob.com/
d. letsgovote - http://letsgovote.com/
e. classpager - https://www.classpager.com/
a. Remind101 – http://www.remind101.com – free, easy, can set up classes and meets AUP
b. Cel.ly – http://cel.ly – free, easy – can set up groups (classes) they are called "cells", follows AUP that it keeps numbers private.
Can be used not only for texting but also polling.
c. Groupme - group text – https://groupme.com
Create a Web Page in Minutes
Smore - The days of posting a flyer around the neighborhood are over. Smore helps you create amazing pages that you'd be proud to share.www.smore.com
Wix - Create free websites.
Tackk-Tackk allows you to customize and edit your message the moment you visit the homepage. Simply click and start typing. There is no login required. It's just like tacking a flyer to a telephone pole. You must create a login if you want your tackk to not disappear after one week.
Tildee - Create a Tutorial in Minutes
a. studystack - Create studystacks or have students create studystacks
b. quizlet - Create flashcards and study games.
c. https://studyboost.com – Create study batches or direct students to those already created
d. http://www.studycell.com – Create flashcards online to study using your phone, can share – have students create and share with the class or the teacher can create and share.
Online Puzzle Makers
Create and use with your SMART board or share in Google Drive! Save a tree.
Discovery Education Puzzlemaker - Many types of puzzles can be created here using your content without logging in. You can choose from Word Searches, Criss-Cross, Double Puzzles, Fallen Phrases, Math Squares, Mazes, Letter Tiles, cryptograms, Number Blocks, or Hidden Message. They even have pre-made puzzles.
National Geographic - This has to be one of the best all around resources I've ever used.
National Geographic Kids - All I can say is WOW! - Check it out!
PuzzleHouse - Free online puzzles in varying degrees of difficulty
You Tube can be a great tool to use in the classroom. BUT, as you know sometimes the comments or suggested videos are not classroom appropriate. There are several free tools that can help you prevent showing something inappropriate.
"Tools to Clean Up"
1. View Pure - my favorite, easy to use!
"Tools to Download"
"Other Useful You Tube Tools"
2. Tube Chop
5. Embed Plus
6. Tube Replay
8. You Flow
1. Library of Congress Digital Collections - Great resource for American History & culture, Performing Arts, Historic Newspapers, Prints and Photos, Early Sound Recordings and much more.
4. National Geographic for Kids ---I LOVE this site! Great things for all classes and things you can use with your SMARTboard.
5. 3D Toad - Cool Interactive Site.
From the Federal Government this site includes animations, primary documents, photos and videos covering: Arts & Music, Health & Phys Ed, Language Arts, Math, Science, World Studies, U.S. History Topics, and U.S. time periods from 1607 - Present!
Websites for Teachers
A to Z Teacher Stuff - Themes, Subject ideas, lessons, tips and more
*Microsoft in Education - Academic savings, Webcasts, classroom resources, lesson plans, teacher guides, free software!
QuizStar - Free online quiz making
RubiStar - Free online rubric creator
Freeology.com - Free school stuff
Classroom Freebies - This is a site that is a blog where teachers post their best resources everyday!
Stuff Ya Gotta Try! - Every subject and SMARTboard stuff galore!
Super Teacher Ideas! - Teaching ideas, lessons and activities.
Getting Organized- A teacher's organization website. She knows how to do it!
Download Fonts - 1001 Free Fonts
Fonts & Things - Themes
1. www.flickr.com - This has a built-in Creative Commons search filter that will only return freely available images.
2. http://www.flickr.com/creativecommons - Using this URL, you can eliminate one step. From this page you can see the various levels of copyright friendly photos because the photographers have given levels of permission in advance. Look at the symbols to know which level you need.
3. http://labs.creativecommons.org/demos/search/ - Creative commons doesn't mean copyright free, but mostly it gives you the right to use for free with attribution and nothing else.
5. Library of Congress - Digital collection is full of great things other than photos!
Free Printables - hall passes, calendars, greeting cards.
Augmented Reality in the Classroom
Collaboration and Communication - Build a PLN
Edmodo - Edmodo is a secure, social learning platform for teachers, students, schools and districts. They provide a safe and easy way for your class to connect and collaborate, share content and access homework, grades and school notices.
Twitter - Twitter is an information network that brings people closer to what’s important to them.
Pinterest - Pinterest is a Virtual Pinboard.
DropBox - Dropbox is a free service that lets you bring your photos, docs, and videos anywhere and share them easily.