RMS Weekly Event Calendar
April 16 - April 20
What's going on at RMS?
The school organization is no different. To reach our goals and to be successful, we must be on the same page, pulling in the same direction, and working together. Of course there will be differences of opinion and obviously we won't always agree on every single thing....just like I am sure the members of Coach Shanahan's football team and coaches didn't see eye to eye on everything. However, in an effective organization, it is no longer about "me", but about "we". It is all about the team! After all, who wants a person on their team who doesn't want to win or be successful? Who wants a person on their team who works against the progress and pulls other team members down?
Coach Shanahan points out that, "You win as a team, you lose as a team." How true that is! In a successful team, everyone has different roles and responsibilities, but each individual member serves as an important member of the team. Without each individual working as a member of team and taking ownership of their role, success would not be possible.
Currently, our RMS team is in the middle of several important challenges . Our state testing began last week and will continue for the next two weeks. The outcome of our tests will reflect upon our entire school. Working together, supporting each other, and encouraging other team members has provided our students with the support and skills necessary to do well on these assessments.
In addition, the culmination of our AdvancED review will take place tomorrow. This is the opportunity for the AdvancED team to observe all the great things that you are doing for our students each day. Rather than looking at one individual teacher, the team will be looking at our "team" to see how we do things that support learning, each other, and the mission and vision of our school.
The outcomes of both of these challenges will be reflected as a school....as our team. I have no doubt we will be successful in both. Thank you for your commitment to our team and to our success. Thank you for your support of each other and our students. I can't think of a team I would rather be a part of!
RMS Mentoring Schedule
This week we will continue the unit on GRIT!
Monday - Students will work through Lesson 13 of the GRIT curriculum.
Tuesday - Students will work through Lesson 14 of the GRIT curriculum.
Wednesday - Students will work through Lesson 15 of the GRIT curriculum.
Friday - Students will work through Lesson 16 of the GRIT curriculum.
Monday, April 16
- Scantron Testing - 7th Grade Science - 2nd & 3rd Periods
- RCS Track - Athens Track Meet - Away - 3:30 p.m.
Tuesday, April 17
- AdvancED Visit - Please remember that the team members will be out in classrooms conducting ELEOT observations today.
- RCS Track - Russellville Track Meet (JV) - Home - 4:00 p.m. & Sheffield Track Meet - (V) - Away - 3:30 p.m.
Wednesday, April 18
- Scantron Testing - 7th Grade Science - 5th & 4th Periods
Thursday, April 19
- Scantron Testing - 7th Grade Science - 6th & 7th Period
- RCS Track - Deshler Track Meet - Away - 3:30 p.m.
- RMS Musical - Mulan - RCS Auditorium - 6:30 p.m.
Friday, April 20
- RMS Musical - Mulan - Students and teachers will be watching the performance beginning 3rd period. Students will be dismissed to the auditorium by an announcement from the front office.
- Progress Reports - Progress reports will be given out during 7th period during mentoring.