The Falcon Monday Message
Week of January 18, 2016
2015-2016 Campus Big Goals
- Enhance quality instruction
- Create a positive, college centered, campus culture
- Support strong academic delivery through effective coaching and feedback
Character Trait of the Month: CARING
STAFF OF THE WEEK!!!!
- To Ms. Thomason for empowering parent on Conference Night. Ms. Thomason prepared parent kits with targeted activities to help parents support their child at home.
- To Mr. Finkelstein for tutoring students even at dismissal! Achievement never stops!
- To Ms. Gomez for believing in the abilities of her kids and being relentless to help them grow.
- To Ms. Luz Rodriguez for reaching her students during small group instruction by using concrete objects (such as marshmallows) and anchor charts. You are making learning visual and hands on! Also, fantastic job emphasizing academic vocabulary and reiterating it by having students use the "math terms" themselves.
- To Ms. Friese for conducting one-on-one instruction to help a struggling student walk through challenging problems independently. Great job probing with questions that are not leading as to reduce the rigor such as: "What should I do next? How do you know? "
To Ms. Swoboda for having RM notebook expectations posted with step by step directions, examples and incentives for students during RM time. Also, for tracking student RM data and verbally recognizing and praising students as they progress through problems.
To Mr. Finkelstein for all of his hard planning and strategizing to create a tutoring schedule that will benefit most of his students. Also, for the dedication to go beyond two days of tutoring to meet the needs of his students.
To Ms. Whitlow for strategically using data to drive instruction and using the STAAR mode questions on RM city to differentiate for students based on their individual needs.
To Ms. Sims for engaging students in hands on activities during small group instruction of fractions and equipping them with a tool that will help them be successful on their homework.
UPCOMING CALENDAR EVENTS
- 3G/AUK will make announcements all week (3 students report to Mr. Hall's Office by 7:40am)
- Spots/Feedback: Group B
- PD after school Wednesday at 3:30pm in the Library (See CIC Corner for more info)
- Ballet Folklorico "Wonders of Mexico" Friday in the Auditorium (1st, 2nd and 3rd Grades @ 11:00am) (Kinder, 4th and 5th Grades @ 12:00pm)
- PTA Movie Night on Friday at 4:00pm in the Auditorium
- Trustee Solis and Channel 8 News will on campus Tuesday to highlight excellence. Welcome them with Foster Spirit and professional dress!
- There will be two different sessions of Professional Development offered this Wednesday. 1) Reading Level Data Meetings (for all K-3 Reading Teachers in the Library). 2) Advanced Scores (for all 3-5 Math Teachers AND 4-5 Reading Teachers in Ms. Patton's Room).
- Please be sure to turn tutoring sign-in sheets and student work samples into Ms. Contreras after each tutoring session.