Harris Weekly Update
March 21 - March 25
Help us improve Harris Elementary for all families and students! We want to hear all your thoughts and opinions. Please complete the following survey so we can make Harris even greater:
Pave the Path to Kindergarten
THIS WEEK AT HARRIS
EL Family Engagement Night (KG - 3), 3:00-4:30 w / Ms.Earl
Site Council Mtg., 3:15
AZSCI 5th Grade Science Test
Half Day Release @11:55
Spirit Day - Wear Harris Shirt / School Colors
Preschool, 'Pave the Path to Kindergarten', 9:15-9:45, 12:45-1:20
Spirit Day - Backwards Day
Special Congratulations to Ms. Clark!
Thank you and congratulations!!
Autism Awareness Week!
Spirit Day - Sports Shirt / Jersey
Battle of the Books, 8:00 (Library)
Spirit Day - Pajama Day
Governing Board Mtg., 6:00 (District)
Early Release @ 1:55
Spirit Day - Superhero Day
6th Grade Panoramic Picture
Spirit Day - Crazy Hair & Sock Day
Spirit Day -- Wear Blue
Testing Information from Mr. Roth
The committee members will be selected March 31, 2022.
IMPORTANT DAILY SCHOOL REMINDERS
- Handicap Parking is for those that either have a designated plate or sticker prominently displayed. DO NOT park in this zone if you do not have a plate or sticker.
- There is NO LEFT TURN when leaving the Harris parking lot during the hours of 2:30PM-3:00PM
- Students cannot arrive on campus until 7:45 AM as there is NO School Supervision until this time. For the safety of your child, please be sure they are not left unattended.
- Reminders: Parents will not be allowed inside the building without prior approval. Safety for our children must remain top priority.
- Please remember to bring your ID when picking up your student during school hours. This is for the safety of your student.
- The cut-off time to pull students out early is 2:35PM (1:35PM on Weds) If you arrive after this time to sign your child out, you will have to wait until the dismissal bell rings.
- We understand life happens and there are times when you may be late after school to pick up your child. Please be sure to communicate with the front office if this should occur. Otherwise, we expect your child to be picked up on time as school ends promptly @ 2:55 PM (1:55PM on Weds) (11:55AM in half days)
What Does It Mean To Be A Title I School?
Title I is the largest federal aid program for public schools. Schools can be designated as “Title I” if certain criteria are met. Title I is the federal government’s commitment to closing the achievement gap between low-income and moderate to high income students. These funds are used to help all students meet academic standards. Click the links below to learn more!