AP NEWS YOU CAN USE
Week of December 7 - December 11
It's a Fun Old Fashioned Pharr Family Christmas!
The holiday season is a perfect time to reflect on our blessings and seek out ways to make life better for those around us.
NEWS YOU CAN USE
NO LEAVE DAYS December 18 and January 5
Please remember that personal leave is not allowed on December 18 and January 5.
Pharr Family Photo Booth
Make sure you come by and get your picture taken prior to DECEMBER 9!!
Once your Formative Observation has been shared, please email your administrator TWO dates and times you are available to meet for your midyear conference. These must be completed by December 18.
**Formative Observations are almost complete and we've loved getting in your classrooms to see the awesome work your doing with your students.**Be sure to review the LSPI Implementation plan below for AKS/CQI.
Thanks to Kindergarten and Fourth grade classes for hosting our Math Vertical Team visits!
Katherine Phenix did an awesome job conferring with students this week.
Debbie, thanks for helping the AP's gather supplies for our hot dranks today!
MAJOR THANKS to all our Santa Jam dance volunteers!! Stay tuned for your JANUARY jeans day : )
Be sure to check the white board in the mail room each week!
Character Ed Students DUE THURSDAY by 9:00am.
December trait = KINDNESS
- Please remember to send these names. We would hate for a class to miss this opportunity for recognition!!
- Please encourage students to drop notes in the "Kindness Drop Box" in the media center so we can share on the morning announcements.
- For our weekly student recognition, the earlier the better when submitting names to your grade level AP.
- Also, if you would like to personally write the postcard for your student please let Stacy and I know. We will need it back by Friday morning.
- **The powerpoint with the list of students from each week will be posted on the Pharr ES Training Page
Pharr Superstars of The Month
We will recognize your November students SOON!
- The schedule is posted on the Pharr ES Training Page.
- I have scheduled all classes prior to the break.
- IF you would like to split your testing and administer 2 content areas when we return from the break, please feel free to do so. You will need to schedule those lab times during your content area block, if possible, to avoid schedule conflicts.
- ALL tests must be complete by Tuesday, January 12.
- Lab time can be scheduled in Sign-Up Genius. See Kathleen's email for directions.
- EMAIL HEIDI if you intend to split your DA administration schedule
5 Tips for Effective Data Teams
- Laugh and cheer!
- Go beyond test scores
- Data trumps opinion
- Focus on next steps
- Create time for reflection
GMAS information will be released to the public on November 16. All information is confidential until further notice!!
Please visit the Pharr ES Training Page to access links to important GMAS resources.
We will have our first semester celebration on Friday, December 11. This event will include all students who have earned 10 or more stamps (includes "used" stamps). The PBIS representative from each grade level will escort their students to the gym and/or playground for open gym time.
2:30 - 2:50 Session 1
2:50 - 3:10 Session 2
Specific details to follow so stay tuned...
The PBIS committee is revamping the stamp sheet for the passport. All students will receive new sheets in January and start fresh with stamps.
Please revisit the RAMS statement often and use this verbiage when complimenting students. For example:
"Thank you so much for accepting responsibility for your actions by standing in line quietly."