The Gayman Gazette
August 23, 2013
The summer is already becoming a thing of the past and we are eagerly in the throes of the 2013-2014 school year! As always, I am proud to be the principal of Gayman. I look forward to either reconnecting with you or getting to know you. I look forward to working with your children. I look forward to leading a great staff toward a shared vision, high academic achievement and strong community building.
We have much to be proud of in our school community, and we look forward to working with you and your children to make the 2013-2014 school year the year where we once again celebrate hard work.
I am thoroughly excited to begin a new school year. I love all of the possibilities that await us. Gayman is a great school with lots of wonderful things happening. Your support is very much a part of that. Thanks for the role you play in your child’s education and thank you for entrusting your children into our care.
Open House, Thursday, August 29th
Interested in meeting your teacher? Want to see the classroom you’ll be living and learning in this year? Want to see who else is in your class? Join us for our Open House!
We’re looking forward to seeing everyone!
AM Students: 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM
PM Students: 9:25 AM - 10:30 AM
2:00 PM - 3:00 PM
New Faces at Gayman
Each new school year presents us with opportunities for change, setting new goals, and rejuvenation. Several new grade level assignments and a few new faces remind us of the exciting year ahead:
- We welcome Mrs. Carol Copland as one of our librarian’s. Mrs. Copland has worked at Doyle for several years. Her position this year will be split between Gayman and Doyle.
- We welcome Mrs. Rebecca Lichtner as one of our librarian’s. Most recently, Mrs. Lichtner worked in Council Rock School District at CR North High School as the librarian. Prior to that, she worked as the elementary librarian at Rolling Hills Elementary School in Council Rock.
- We welcome back Mrs. Joanne McGough to Learning Support.
- We welcome Mrs. Karen Dearmond-Boerner back to the Nurse’s Suite as our certified nurse.
- We welcome Mrs. Michelle Musich as one of our staff nurse’s. Mrs. Musich will join Mrs. Neary in the Nurse’s Suite. She worked for several years as a staff nurse at Mill Creek Elementary School.
- Mrs. Leslie Klebba moves to 1st grade.
- Mrs. Mahri Coen moves to 2nd grade.
- Mrs. Quinn Hofmann loops to 3rd grade.
- Mr. Eric Pisch moves to 3rd grade.
- We welcome Mrs. Kim Coler to 4th grade. Mrs. Coler comes to Gayman from Butler Elementary School where she taught 2nd grade and 5th grade.
- Mrs. Hedy Ardito loops to 5th grade.
- We welcome Mrs. Karen King back to 6th grade.
- Mrs. Heather Kehoe returns as our full-time Reading Specialist.
- Mrs. Chris Sauers returns as our half-time Reading Specialist.
Ice Cream and Dinner
Our 40 Assets Committee in concert with The Kids Care Club have planned an evening of community and team-building. Teachers are invited to join their students.
When: On August 29th from 6:00 PM - Closing.
Where: Chubby's and Plumsteadville Inn.
Purpose: A portion of the sale of ice cream and dinner will be donated back to our 40 Assets Committee and The Kids Care Club.
Testani Family Summer Adventures
Our family kicked off the summer with a trip to Cape May New Jersey. We all enjoyed Boogie boarding, playing in the sand and bike rides out to Cape May Point. We always look forward to the huge slices of pizza from Louie's Pizza every time we visit.
The balance of the summer was filled with several long-weekend trips in the Testani mini-van. We did some fishing in the Richmond Virginia area where we visited my mother. Most recently, our travels took us to Rochester New York to visit my wife's sister. While we were in New York we had the opportunity to visit Lake Ontario and a local zoo.
Below are some pictures of our four children, Mateo, Dominic, Luca and Anthony.
I can't wait to welcome you all back for another incredible year at Gayman. I look forward to seeing you during our Open House on Thursday, August 29th from 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM.
9/11 Hereos Run
THE 9/11 HEROES RUN UNITES COMMUNITIES INTERNATIONALLY WITH THE GOAL TO NEVER FORGET THE SACRIFICES OF THE HEROES OF SEPTEMBER 11TH AND IN THE WARS SINCE: VETERAN, FIRST RESPONDER, CIVILIAN, AND MILITARY. JOIN US TO RAISE AWARENESS AND HONOR THE FALLEN.
Please join Central Bucks School District in supporting the 9/11 Heroes Run. Registration is now open for the September 15th event. Doylestown borough will once again host a 5k and 1 mile fun walk/run to raise support and awareness for all of the heroes of September 11th.
VISIT US ON THE WEB
Gayman Elementary School
4440 Point Pleasant Pike
Doylestown, PA 18902