A Question of Moral
- Titus is sort of spoiled and gets whatever he wants like his own up car and got to pick which ever up car he wanted because his feed was hacked. Where as Violet who got the worst part of the hacking did not get anything for her suffering.
- Titus in comparison to Violet also lives in a nicer house and area than Violet. Titus was not used to the area she lived in and was so astonished at where she live. " All the houses were really old and flat. The streets were blue and cracked, and they were streets, I mean, like for when things went on the ground" ( Anderson134-135)
- When it comes to Violet she is not afraid to stand up for what she believes in.
- " 'Yeah that's what happened,' said dad shrugging. 'You got to have air.' Violet pointed out, 'Trees make air,' which kind of worried me because I knew dad would think it was snotty" (Anderson 125)
- Violet also has her own way of doing things and is not afraid to do them and she does not care what other people think as long as she is happy she does not care.
Throughout the book the feed illustrates degeneration of human thought and language by comparing Violets life to Titus's life. Violet was not brought up the same way as Titus and therefor her thoughts are different than Titus's and his families. For example when Violet and Titus's dad argue about how you can get air. Violet was raised the old fashion way and knows that trees provide enough air for the humans. Where as Titus's dad believes that an air factory is better and more efficient than trees. When Titus met Violets dad he had no idea what her dad was saying because their language has deteriorated so much.
The upcar advertisement uses a parable from The Bible about the rich and poor:
It was easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich guy to get into Heaven.” Do you think excessive wealth makes it harder to people to live well? Does money buy happiness?
This is what Titus gets for suffering without the feed for a little while.
Violet argues with Titus's dad to make a point that trees are just as good as air factories.
Degeneration of language
This is an example of how everyone talks in the Feed and when Titus met Violets dad he had no idea what he was saying because the language has deteriorated so much since then.