The Lion's Den
Parent and Community Updates
Week of August 23rd - August 27th
Thank you for playing a major role in assisting our students with their first day back to school! We thoroughly enjoyed seeing our students and interacting with our parents and community.
Thank you to the many community partners who have donated supplies and incentives to our students. A shout out goes to the following:
- Sykes Enterprise
- American Legion Auxiliary Unit 202
- Save the Children Foundation and Mr. Bernard Price
- Prisma Healthcare
- And, our anonymous donors
We are truly grateful for the donations. Due to this generous donation, if any parent is in need of additional supplies, such as bookbags or school supplies, please see assistant principal Ms. Dowling.
1. We are excited to welcome in our last lion members, PreK students, on August 23rd. Due to visitors being limited in the building at this time, our PreK team will greet our parents at the front entrance gate of car pick up/drop off. Our team will escort PreK parents to park in the front parking lot. We will escort you and your PreK student to the PreK / kindergarten playground where you will have the opportunity to take a pic with our Lemira Lion before sending your farewells for the day.
2. We are excited to meet our families. The date and details for our "Virtual" Open House and upcoming Fall "Parent University" will be released soon. Please stay tuned for details.
3. Interim Reports - Sept. 16
4. Please check your learner's blue communication/homework folder on a daily basis.
5. At Lemira Elementary, safety is our upmost concern. We have several strategies in place to help mitigate the spread of Covid-19., including encouraging the wearing of face masks, maintaining physical distance to the greatest extent possible, cleaning and sanitizing our schools, and contact tracing when an individual is positive. Please make sure to monitor for symptoms, and do not send your children to school if they are sick.
We strive to maintain open and transparent communication. We will continue to keep you updated with current information. If a student tests positive, we will notify all close contacts directly.
6. Please stay connected with us by following us on Facebook and Twitter for the latest updates. Also, join https://www.remind.com/join for updated text alerts
Class Code: @b8ch8df
Yours in education,
Mrs. Stephanie Gregg, Ed.S
Proud Principal of Lemira Elementary School
ROAR Assembly (Sponsored by the Related Arts Team)
Coach Dawn Staley (USC Gamecocks) and WNBA player Tiffany Mitchell give an inspirational message to our students.
Through these doors, learning and opportunity begin. (Credit: Ms. M. Levine's 3rd Grade Classoom)