JUMP May Activities
What's going on with JUMP in May
This month we are...
This is one of our favorite monthly group activities! We will provide you and your mentee with a sack lunch and allow you and your mentee to hike on your own, or join with other mentees for a group hike (Trail #3 is usually the popular choice).
Here are the details:
- If you wish to carpool, meet at the Youth Service Bureau at 10:45 a.m. We will leave here promptly at 11 a.m.
- If you wish to meet us at Turkey Run, you may meet us at 11:30 a.m. at the picnic tables on the east side of the parking lot.
- We'll eat lunch together and will go from there! We should be done by 2 p.m.
- PLEASE RSVP by Wednesday, May 13th. When you RSVP let us know if you will carpool/are willing to drive/or will meet us at Turkey Run. You may do that by calling us at 362-0694 ext. 11 or 12 or firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com We will need to know how many lunches to make.
- If you require a vegetarian, vegan, and/or gluten-free meal, please let us know. We'll be happy to accommodate your dietary needs.
What to Bring:
- For you and your mentee: Bring comfortable/sturdy shoes to hike in, a dry pair of shoes and socks to change into, and a plastic bag to put your dirty shoes in.
- A towel.
- Be sure to dress in layers.
There is a $5 fee to get into the park. We will be happy to cover that. If you know someone who has a park pass, or if you have a park pass and can't go on this JUMP outing, could you see if that pass could be donated to us for the weekend? If you do pay the $5, save your receipt and we will reimburse you.
This is a lot of information! Please read completely. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me.
...One more thing...
The Youth Service Bureau is having a huge fundraiser called Dancing with the Montgomery County Stars next weekend! The event is sold out, but we do have a dress rehearsal the night before that is open to the public. The only requirements for admittance is a non-perishable food item for FISH and a free-will cash donation. The Dress rehearsal starts at 6:30 p.m. Friday, May 8th. This event is SO MUCH FUN! WE really hope you can make it!
May events in Montgomery County
May Events in Montgomery County
Saturday and Sunday, May 2-3: Turkey Run and Shades State Parks Welcome Back Weekend. Visit that part for hikes, star shows, bird feeding workshops and other fun family activities. 765-597-2654 for details.
Tuesday, May 5: Family Night Story Time in the Children’s Program Room at the Crawfordsville District Public Library. Come in for stories, fingerplays, activities, a craft and much more. All ages are welcome. No registration required. Starts at 6:30 p.m.
Thursday, May 7: Come and make a Mother’s Day gift. Registration required. The library requests that you call early. Starts at 6:30 p.m.
Friday, May 8: Dancing with the Montgomery County Stars Dress Rehearsal. Open to the public. Admission is a non-perishable food item for FISH Food Pantry, and a free-will donation. Starts at 6:30 p.m.
Saturday, May 9: Come and make a Mother’s Day gift. Registration required. The library requests that you call early. Starts at 10 a.m.
Tuesday, May 12: Family Night Story Time in the Children’s Program Room at the Crawfordsville District Public Library. Come in for stories, fingerplays, activities, a craft and much more. All ages are welcome. No registration required. Starts at 6:30 p.m.
Saturday, May 16: Come and scrapbook at the Crawfordsville District Public Library – in the basement in rooms B&C. Bring your own supplies. Starts at 9 a.m.
Saturday, May 16: Join JUMP in a group activity at Turkey Run State Park! See details above
Saturday and Sunday, May 16 and 17: The annual Sugar Creek Canoe Race. Sponsored by the Sugar Creek Campground and Canoe Rental. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or www.indianapaddlers.com/canoe.html
Saturday, May 23: Come and join a Beginner Art Class in the Children’s Program Room at the Crawfordsville District Public Library. Ms. Linda will teach you some beginning art techniques. Perfect for ages 6-16. Registration is required. Starts at 10 a.m.
Thursday, May 28: Come and cook with Ms. Janella. Good for ages 6 and up. Registration is required.
Saturday and Sunday, May 30 -31: The Mountain Dew ATV Motocross Qualifier – RD 5 Ironman - An all new event right in the heart of one of the most motor-crazed pockets of the U.S. Held at Tom’s Marine. Events all weekend.