First Grade News
April 4 - April 8
Whats happening in class:
- Reading- We are finishing up our unit on wondering with non-fiction
- Writing- We are finishing up working on Informative writing and will soon be starting opinion writing
- Social Studies- We are learning about how/what communities provide for families.
- Science- Life cycles of plants and animals. Last week we planted seeds to plant in the garden at school.
- Math- We will begin addition and subtraction to 40.
First Grade Field Trip
On April 28 we will be going to the Coterie theater to see a show for our field trip. We are allowed to take TWO parent volunteers from each class. I will take the first two parents that send me an note or email saying that they would like to go. The two parents going will have to pay $5.50 for their ticket and have an approved background check with the district. No siblings may attend.
April 5- PTA Meeting @ 4:30
April-12- Spring Pictures
April 14- Kindergarten Round up- 5:00-7:30
May 3- First Grade Farewell
May 18- Last day of school