Mr. Beauchamp's Class News
Friday, May 6, 2016
Today the 6 Flags Reading Tickets went home! Please check your child's folder for their free admission ticket valid from June 6th-July 31, 2016!
Don't forget, Thursday, May 12th will be the last day of homework and homework books. If you would like a summer packet (with a few things to work on) please let me know. I will be happy to make you a copy! (If we still have paper!!!) I will be sending a couple leveled readers home with your child to keep them reading though the summer. I will include a list of reading levels with DRA levels for you to find books over the summer.
The East Book Fair is going on now until May 12th. More information below!
On Friday, May 13th we will be taking another field trip. We will be going to Bennett Springs. This trip will need parent volunteers. If you would like to go, please message me and let me know you are interested.
You MUST have your ID badge and I must make sure everyone is approved before I leave school on Thursday, May 12th!
The Waynesville School District has made changes to our field trip policies. You must send a note to school with your child before the field trip if you plan to have your child check out on the trip. If the East office does not have a note and you wish to check your child out on the field trip, you will not be allowed to take your child. This is for your child's safety. We want to make sure the office is able to make sure the person picking up your child is someone who has rights to check them out from school.
If you do plan to attend the field trip and do not have a volunteer badge, you need to go to WCC to have your picture taken and receive your approved ID badge. You must wear your badge on the trip. If you have not applied to be a volunteer and would like to attend the trip, please let me know so I can send a volunteer form home with your child.
Have a great weekend!
Does your child plan on having a summer birthday celebration? If you send your invitations to school the last week of school, I will be sure to make sure your child invitations are handed out. Remember, per District policies, you must have an invitations for every student in the class.
Scholastic Book Fair
- Book Fair opens on Monday, May 2nd.
- Students will be allowed to go to the Book Fair on Wednesday during our specials time.
- If a student brings money on a day other then Wednesday, they will go at a time that is convenient with our class schedule. Times are limited for the Library and our schedule will need to go with the Library's schedule.
- If your child sends money, I will keep the money in a safe spot until they are able to go that day. Like stated above, I will send them at a time that the Library has free and fits with our class schedule.
- Students must have at least $0.54 before they can go shopping. The cheapest item is $0.54. Any amount below will not be enough to make a purchase.
- Parents will be contacted if their child has amounts greater than $50.00. Please don't send your child with that much money.
- Yes, the book fair does charge tax.
If you have any questions or concerns, please let me know.
Friday, May 6th - Movie Night at East
Sunday, May 8th - Mother's Day
Monday, May 2nd - Thursday, May 12th - Book Fair at East
Thursday, May 12th - Boxtops Due
Friday, May 13th - Field Trip to Bennett Springs
Wednesday, May 25th - Attendance Party Celebrations
Thursday, May 26th - Grade Cards Sent Home
Thursday, May 26th - Last day of School (1/2 Day)
Special guest reader Ms. Shiplet! #mrbkinder15
Check out our caterpillars! #mrbkinder15
We are getting a garden at East! Helping pick out rocks for Ms. Caffey! #mrbkinder15
Specials this Week
Friday: Field Trip Day!
Congratulations to the following students are moving up the wall!
Aurora M. - Purple
Jordyn N. - 3rd Grade
Kylar W. - 1st Grade
Tara W. - Purple
Tonia W. - Purple
Isabelle W. - Green
WAY TO GO!
Specials this Week
Friday: Field Trip Day!
- Boxtops last due date for school year is May 12th.
- Thursday, May 14th - Last day of homework books.
- We do not have a Kindergarten graduation at East.
Can your child read this?
What Will We Learn Next Week?
Text-Based Comprehension: Character
Phonics: /o/ Spelled Oo
Conventions: Prepositional Phrases
Phonemic Awareness: Initial and Medial /o/
High-Frequency Words: Review Words
Writing: 6+1 Traits for writing activity and Free Writes
Force and Motion
R.F.K.1.d – Letter Recognition
R.F.K.3.a – Letter Sounds
K.ELA.1 – Name Writing
L.K.1.a – Letter Writing
RF.K.3.c – High-Frequency Words
K.CC.A.1 – Counting by 1’s and 10’s
K.CC.A.3 – Number Writing 0-20 in and out of order.
RF.K.1.b - Sounding out Words
RL.K.3 - Identify characters, setting, events in a story.
W.K.3 - Narrative Writing
K.CC.A.2 - Counting on from a given number.
K.CC.B.5 - Tell How Many (Student counts out objects)
K.OA.A.2a - Addition
K.OA.A.2b - Subtraction