Between the Lines
Newsletter for Tennis Booster Club Members--11.11.19
We still have 12 flats left at the Tennis Center to sell. See Details Below.
We need a volunteer to shadow the treasurer & take over the position next year.
We need volunteers for THIS THURSDAY'S JV match against Southlake. See Sign-up Button Below.
We are gearing up for upcoming service opportunities.
- Players should bring McDonald's gift cards ($5 on each card, NO MORE). If someone wants to give $20, it needs to be 4-$5 cards, NOT a $20 card.
- We are also collecting warm gloves (men's/women's/children's). The cards and gloves will be taken to the Mental Health Diversion Court to help people in need.
- Some players will have an opportunity to travel to Lew Sterrett on December 18th to help distribute these items.
- Look for more details as we have them.
Person Needed to Shadow Treasurer & Take Over the Position Next Year
We would like you to shadow Debbie so that you havethe easiest possible transition. This is obviously a VERY IMPORTANT position that we would like filled before next semester. Please consider volunteering.
If you have any questions, please contact Debbie Crumpler treasurerchstennis@gmail. She will be able to answer all your questions.
Preliminary flower sales results are in. We sold in excess of 800 flats! GREAT JOB!
We currently have the following flowers leftover:
- Red Delta -2
- Violet Delta- 1
- Lt Blue Delta- 2
- Rose Delta- 1
- Mix Delta- 1
- White Colossus-1
- Yellow Colossus- 1
- Red Colossus-2
- Blue Colossus- 3
- Purple Colossus- 1
We are selling them for $15/flat on a first-come, first-served basis. They are in excellent condition. We are not doing "holds" on them.
We are gearing up for service opportunities. Players should bring McDonald's gift cards ($5 on each card, NO MORE). If someone wants to give $20, it needs to be 4-$5 cards, NOT a $20 card. We are also collecting warm gloves (men's/women's/children's). The cards and gloves will be taken to the Mental Health Diversion Court to help people in need. Some players will have an opportunity to travel to Lew Sterrett on December 18th to help distribute these items.
We are also trying to help out with the "Make a Child Smile" program.
- The Varsity team has concluded their Fall season in a spectacular way!
- The Cowboy Tennis Team finished district play undefeated for the 4th consecutive year.
- The team won district, bi-district, area, and had a nail biter at the Regional Quarterfinals. The matches were phenomenal, high-quality tennis
- Thanks to all who came to support the team.
JV & Freshman Teams:
- The other teams still have a couple of matches to go.
- JV1 also triumphed in a wonderful district season, winning 1st in the district!
- JV had two tournaments last week, Keller Central JV Tournament and Grapevine JV Tournament, which were both rained out.
- JV has a dual match against Southlake's JV this Thursday at home starting at 4:15pm.
- Members of the Freshman Team played the very cold Braswell JV Tournament.
- Umang Vinayaka/Aryan Gandhi - 2nd place Boys Doubles
- Ekansh Agrawal - 2nd place Boys Singles
- Anusha Patel - Consolation Girls Singles
- Aayush Verma/Rosey Patel - 3rd Place Mixed Doubles
Boy Scout Chili Supper Fundraiser
Anita Patel, whose son Devan recently earned his Eagle Scout, asked me to post this...
It’s time for our annual Chili (Veggie & Meat) Supper fundraiser. All proceeds from this event sponsor the Scout Buck Auction
The dinner is scheduled for December 7th Saturday @5pm -8:30pm at Coppell Middle School North.
Will need Tickets to eat dinner or purchase quarts. Tickets can be purchased from Anita (214-868-440.
- Dinner's are Meals x $8 per person
- Quarts are x $12 per person.
Just FYI I make Vegetarian chili.
Please support Troop 840
Down the Line (Save the Date)
Thursday, November 14 @4pm @CHS--CHS JV v Southlake
Tuesday, November 19 @4pm @CHS--CHS JV v Allen
Monday, December 9, 6pm-7pm—Regular Booster Meeting
Wednesday, December 18th--Distribution of collected items for Mental Health Diversion Court
Upcoming Meeting Dates
ALL PARENTS are welcome and encouraged to attend Regular Booster Meetings.
Monday, December 9 @ 6pm—Regular Booster Meeting
Monday, January 6 @ 6pm—Regular Booster Meeting
Monday, February 3 @ 6pm—Regular Booster Meeting
Monday, March 2 @ 6pm—Regular Booster Meeting
Monday, April 6 @ 6pm—Regular Booster Meeting
Monday, May 4 @ 6pm—Regular Booster Meeting
Coach: Natalie Landa email@example.com
President: Kelley Parlier firstname.lastname@example.org
Vice President: Monica Cole email@example.com
Co-Secretary: Rajeev Seetha firstname.lastname@example.org
Co-Secretary: Neeta Seetha Neet_77@yahoo.com
Co-Volunteer Coordinator: Analyn Abbey email@example.com
Co-Volunteer Coordinator: Mark Abbey firstname.lastname@example.org
Treasurer: Debbie Crumpler treasurerchstennis@gmail
Newsletter: Monica Cole email@example.com
Webmaster: Teri Pratt firstname.lastname@example.org