Campus Parent Communication - September 4 , 2020
Greetings Vaughan Families!
There will be no school on Monday, September 7th. I hope you all have a great three day weekend!
Please don't hesitate to reach out to me if you need anything.
Principal, Vaughan Elementary
We are so happy to have some of our Vaughan Vikings back in class! There are just a few important reminders as we adjust to the new school year:
Arrival and Breakfast
- Doors open at 7:30 am for students to enter the building.
- Students will be counted late if they are not in the building by the 7:45 am tardy bell.
- All outside doors will lock and students will need to enter at the front door after 7:45 am.
- Students who eat breakfast should be in the cafeteria no later than 7:40 am.
- Students should always exit the car on the curb side for safety reasons.
Absence notifications to the school and excuse notes can be entered via Family Access in lieu of calling the school and/or sending a handwritten note. Please report your students' absence to Nera Van Ark by 10:00 am using one of the following methods:
- Family Access - notifies the school AND provides the excuse note (This feature cannot be used in lieu of a medical note to excuse students who leave school for a medical appointment or come in late from a medical appointment.)
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org (follow up with handwritten note, medical note or Family Access note)
- Call 972-727-0470, ext. 0977 (follow up with handwritten note, medical note or Family Access note)
All notes must be received within 3 school days of the absence to be considered excused.
Allen ISD COVID-19 Dashboard
Allen ISD has launched a COVID-19 dashboard to provide our families and staff with a transparent and up-to-date snapshot of lab-confirmed positive cases of COVID-19 in our district.
An active case indicates that a student or staff member has received a lab-confirmed positive case of COVID-19 and they have not yet returned to campus. Individuals who test positive are excluded from participation in any in-person/on-campus activity until the campus verifies that the individual meets the return criteria set by state and local health authorities. Once the individual is cleared to return, they are no longer considered an active case.
This data will be updated each school day. You can find the dashboard under the Back to School 2020 section of the Allen ISD webpage. Here is the direct link: https://www.allenisd.org/Page/59663
The Allen ISD Science Fair is going virtual this year! Both Elementary and Secondary campus fairs will need to be virtual due to COVID19. Instructions and deadlines for the fair are located on the Science Hub, and a recording of the elementary campus coordinators meeting can be found here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dCNFeseWNcoiYIdZRDyWsx8Xo-qxQaUH/view?usp=sharing
Due to the nature of COVID19, we are proceeding as though the regional and state fairs will be virtual as well, however this may change.
REMINDER - Allen ISD Resources
For the 2020–2021 school year, Allen ISD has compiled additional resources for our families. These resources are available on the Allen ISD website and can be accessed through the following links:
Upcoming Dates and Reminders
- Live Now- Join Vaughan PTA- Please consider joining the Vaughan PTA to contribute to your child's school. Membership gives you access to our PTA online Membership Toolkit, ways to connect with Vaughan families through social media, and supports our school. https://vaughanpta.membershiptoolkit.com/packet-start/2046
Save the Date!
September 7th - Labor Day (No School)