World Religions: Islam
By yours truly: Jake Harkins
God, Humanity, and the universe.
2. Why do they believe that?
"Allah. There is no God but He, the Living, the Self-Subsisting, Eternal. No slumber can seize Him nor sleep. His are all things in heavens and on earth. Who is there can intercede in His presence except as He permittheth? ..."
From the Quaran
3. In your opinion, what makes the believers of this religion want to follow its teachings?
I think the Quaran inclines most beliefs in this religion plus, Allah is strongly believed in many monotheistic religions but is known as many different names.
4. How do extremists in this religion justify their actions against non believers?
(ISIS) "They want complete failure of the government in Iraq. They want to establish a caliphate in Iraq. 'Even after ISIS split with Al-Qaeda in February 2014 (in large part because ISIS` goal remained the same)'"
From General Ray Ordierno
5. Read about a current event that is relevant to the religion and try to explain the event from the perspective of its followers. What are the consequences of this event on its followers or the world?
ISIS is persecuting minor groups (such as the Yazidis) because their faith is different, they are also persecuting Christians.
6. Use an artifact or a piece of art that represents the religion and explain why its is important, when it was created and who made it.
The Seal of Muhammad is one of the relics of Muhammad kept in the Tokapi Palice by the Ottaman Sultans as part of the Sacred Relics collection. It was discovered in 1675 by Jean-Baptiste Tavernier.
7.Use a song or poem from the religion that represents this religion and how the relate to the religion.
In the Name of Allah
We seek Allah`s protection From Shaitan evil mind; and begin with the name of Allah moist merciful, most kind!