Dragon Roar: 4. 14. 2020
Daring Greatly in Faith, Academics & Service since 1960
He has Risen!!
Happy Easter! What a blessing to spend Easter unplugged with our families whether in person or digitally. How was your long weekend? What did you do?! Fill out the Check-In survey below and let us know in the comments.
Pope Francis reflected at the Easter Vigil about Holy Saturday, about the women in waiting and grieving. It seems more so this Easter we are like the disciples and the women---in a period of unknown. Yet, Pope Francis tells us the woman did not despair, "They were doing something simple yet extraordinary: preparing at home the spices to anoint the body of Jesus. They did not stop loving; in the darkness of their hearts, they lit a flame of mercy." The women were filled with courage and planted seeds of hope that emerged Easter morning with the resurrection.
How can we with our families during this time plant seeds of hope? How can we live in the resurrection this Easter Season?
Alleluia, Dragons. Missing you greatly and praying each day for you! May you answer Christ's call to spread the good news to all. He has RISEN!!
Ms. Salazar and the SMCS Team
HEALTH, FAITH and FAMILY FIRST!
Stressed about School Work? Slow down. Come to Office Hours. Seek Help!
Getting behind? Need help? Need an extension? That's ok! Just let your teacher know during office hours or shoot an email. Flexibility and adaptability is our foundation. If one assignment is taking more than an hour to complete for upper grades or 30-45 min for PreK/ Elementary, take a break, walk away, play, go outside and come back! If it doesn't make sense, stop and ask for help!
Let us use this time to take care of each other.
Yes, we are still assessing and making sure standards are mastered. We continue to be committed to the academic excellence that makes SMCS so great. Help us help you and keep us in the loop.
ADAPTATIONS/Updates THIS WEEK
- Zoom Security. When we started Zoom, we signed up for School Business Platform so we could have more security features.
- Zoom started passwords last week to protect our accounts. Teachers will post these on their streams.
- PK to 4th Grade Homeroom Announcements and MS announcements: I added your students to these pages so you can access videos and/or documents in one place. All Dragon Roars will be posted there in addition to anything emailed out.
- What do you think of the new format (week at a glance by Monday AM) introduced last week? Comment in the survey.
- I received many questions in the survey if we will have another carline supply pick up. We will not as we want to keep our community safe and staying at home. If your personal or school device stops working, let me know ASAP or if you are short in a major school supply item at home---we will work with you one on one to support!
- Thank you for joining our school for Holy Week Prayer last week! This week we will transition into optional Weekly Wednesday lunch together at 1PM and Friday assembly at 8AM. Details below. Great time to just see your friends and chat!
- All credits have been applied by our bookkeeper, Ms. Rosa, from our April Survey. Please check. If you notice any oversights or questions please email email@example.com AND firstname.lastname@example.org
MAY FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE:
- We are here to help as resources allow! Thanks to the incredible generosity of our community AND potential PPP loan (application in processing---pray for us!), we can support on a family by family basis.
- Has your financial status changed? Do you need support? Please email email@example.com or call my remote learning financial assistance line at 210-650-2031 from 10AM to 6PM, Mon to Fri. We are here to help!
- If you will be needing additional assistance for May, please apply for HFF ASAP and if you are PreK please email me ASAP or call 210-650-2031
Weekly Wednesday Lunch: Every Wednesday at 12PM
Wednesday, April 15th, 12-1pm
Zoom, Code 362-174-5604
Bring your lunch, we will pray together and chat. Come as your schedule allows.
I'll invite some guests starting on 4/22.
Completely optional! Password posted in your Google Classroom announcements page.
Friday School Wide Zoom
Friday, April 17th, 8-8:15am
Zoom, 362 -174- 5604
Weekly winner of family survey completion announced!
Join us if your schedule allows.
COVID19 Support: Additional Tuition Assistance from Hope for the Future, DEADLINES EXTENDED
If you already applied for HFF for 2020-2021, just log back in and update. DO NOT CREATE A NEW HFF APPLICATION. You will know if you did this if you got charged $35 for the application already. DO NOT PAY TWICE!!
1) Complete OR relog on to your 2020-2021 FACTS Application at https://online.factsmgt.com/aid if you had already filled one out, you can just log back in!
- You will have to pay $35 fee to FACTS (the Arch/HFF/we do not get this).
- I will reimburse ALL families that get charged $35 to fill this out for COVID related assistance on your May tuition.
2) You will need:
- 2018 OR 2019 tax documents along with their most recent W-2
- Supporting documentation such as a furlough letter or termination from the employer on company letterhead OR a paycheck stub detailing the loss of hours and decrease in pay.
- You may take pictures of their tax docs with their phone and upload those pictures directly into their FACTS application.
3) Should you need assistance editing their application you can contact the FACTS parent line at 1-866-412-4637.
4) When you have filled it out on FACTS, fill this out immediately. You must fill this out to be considered.
5) The deadline for HFF for COVID and/or 2020-2021 school year extended until June.
Please complete ASAP.
ARE YOU A PREK FAMILY NEEDING ASSISTANCE? Please email me directly, firstname.lastname@example.org Thank you!
Complete this optional, FAMILY PRIZE survey so we can get better at Remote Learning and supporting YOU
We will have some fun prize drawings for those that completed this form (i.e. toilet paper, hand sanitizer, free dress coupons for our return, family spotlight on our Facebook Live, and so much more!)
REMOTE LEARNING HEADQUARTERS
How to upload assignments on Google Classroom using your device!
Remote Learning Extended to May 4, Actual Date Undetermined for Now
Our Governor extended online learning until May 4. So we are staying online definitely until then, unless anything else changes.
We do not know enough yet to give a firm return date. SMCS is committed to opening as soon as federal, state, and city guidelines in correlation with Archdiocesan guidelines allow SAFE opening.
We are committed to offering a summer session to catch up on any gaps if Bexar County, State, and Federal Mandates allow.
We will keep online learning to our official last day of school on June 2 if the May 4 executive order gets extended.
Master Live Teaching Time Schedule: PLEASE REVIEW EACH WEEK
- The Meeting ID for your Zoom room and the time is included. Some have passwords. That will be found in your google classroom.
- ALL zoom sessions are recorded so we can post them later for missed lessons.
Master Zoom Schedule
Need MORE? See below. Need LESS? Ignore it or Use it when you do!
Counselor's Corner: Note from Mrs. Moncrief, Class Code: 72fdwe3
Join Mrs. Moncrieft for guidance lessons and check ins!
I am glad that we are able to connect and exchange ideas, worries, joys, and victories.
It has been pretty lonely in my Zoom meetings, so feel free to check in and say “hi”! That will
make my day too! I love seeing our students!
We have three ways to connect:
1. Email: I will do my very best and reply by the next day. If there is an emergency, contact Ms.
Salazar and she can get hold of me.
- Every day from 2:00 – 5:00 pm
- Meeting ID: 865-730-234
This is a digital bulletin board. I add new things every week. Just browse and click on the
tiles. Hopefully, some things will be helpful.
Please, please, please reach out! You know your students and their needs best! Also, please
take a moment to take care of yourself as well! We need to keep ourselves in a good place, so
we can be there for our loved ones! I am a mom of three boys, and a wife of 30+ years. We are
all experiencing some uncertain and often anxious days! Together, we will get through this, God
I truly look forward to connecting with you.