The Patrick Henry Post
August 19th, 2022
Patrick Henry Staff Professional Development
- Learning the educational context of St. Louis Public Schools and Patrick Henry
- Connecting our staff with each other to form solid collegial relationships
- Understanding our district and school standards, expectations, and goals for the 2022-2023 school year
- Building relationships between students as peers and between staff and students
- Creating high quality, rigorous lesson plans
- Social and emotional curriculum
- Culturally responsive teaching
- Trauma-informed and trauma-responsive teaching
- Supporting student behaviors and holding students to high expectations
We not only learned a great deal of information from all of our presenters, but we also learned from each other through vivid discussion and idea sharing. It was an inspirational two weeks of professional development that left me feeling hopeful for the 2022-2023 school year. We cannot wait to put our learning into practice!
Take a look below for some highlights from our first two weeks of educator development.