Mrs. Sacket-Mowers, 6th Grade
Due next Friday: sweatshirt orders (Class of 2016 sweatshirts)
Outdoor Ed Parent Night: Thursday, 5:30-6:30 in the MPR (not for students)
Questions to ask:
- a teacher drove her car a distance of 250 miles in 5 hours (rate)
- $1.50 per bottle (unit rate--specifically this is a unit price)
- 2 cups of sugar to 3 cups of water (rate)
- 4 to 7 (ratio)
* If there are 3 pieces of cake for 9 students, what is the unit rate per student? (We worked on this today...they can visualize that you would cut each slice into 3 pieces, so there would be a total of 9 pieces. Each student gets a small piece that is 1/3 of one of the slices. The "shortcut" is to simplify the rate of 3/9 to 1/3, which represents the part of the slice. You still need to add the second part of the rate "per student." So, 1/3 slice per student.)
* Did you bring your Greek/Latin root in completely ready today? (Ready = definitions, sentence, part of speech, slight coloring, & already cut.)
* Did you turn in a sweatshirt order this week?
* Tell me about invasive species. What are they? What are some examples?
* What did you write as your highlight for Winter Break?