Raymore Update: 03/10/15
News For & About our Staff Family & PLC
Our ECSE teachers enjoyed taking a selfie after they had a productive morning collaborating and working on teaching strategies linked to their curriculum.
Excitement in Second Grade
Ms. Mason's students are very excited because they were able to talk to Jeff Kinney (the author of the Diary of a Wimpy Kid) through Twitter. WOW!
Thank You Ms. Anderson!
Deidra Anderson (Sky's mom, Erica Sorrick's sister, and Calvin's aunt) shared a book about George Washington Carver with Mrs. Malone's class.
Excitement in Second Grade
Wish You Well
We continue to send well wishes to Stacy Carter as she recovers at home from surgery.
Kudos to our entire staff! We have survived Fussy February and Spring Break is near!! Way to go team! Here's wishing you a restful and rejuvenating spring break. Enjoy time with your family!
Spread the news!! Our PCA is making plans for Summer & Fall 2015!
Energy Saver Shutdown for Spring Break
2015 Teacher of the Year and Support Staff of the Year
Input for Trivia Night Needed
Marking Attendance in SIS
Please be sure when you mark a student absent that you mark "A" and then click "Mark all day". This will mark them absent all day. If you have any questions about this, let Karla know. Thank you!
Missouri Read In Day - March 13
Here is the flyer:
Celebrate Digital Learning Day - March 13
Why celebrate Digital Learning Day?
With so many new types of digital devices, educational software and mobile apps continuously developed, it’s hard to keep up with the latest and greatest advancements in educational technology. In some classrooms and out-of-school programs across the country, educators are doing some pretty amazing things with technology. Yet, these pockets of innovation are confined to a small number of schools and communities. Digital Learning Day was started as a way to actively spread innovative practices and ensure that all youth have access to high-quality digital learning opportunities no matter where they live.
Started in 2012, Digital Learning Day has provided a powerful venue for education leaders to highlight great teaching practice and showcase innovative teachers, leaders, and instructional technology programs that are improving student outcomes. This grassroots effort blossomed into a massive nationwide celebration as teachers realized that Digital Learning Day is not about technology, it’s about learning. It’s not about laying off teachers for laptops, it’s about enhancing the role of the teacher in America’s classrooms. Digital Learning Day promotes the effective use of modern day tools afforded to every other industry to improve the learning experience in K-12 public schools.
Time to Brag on Yourself!
Open in Classroom:
Security Reminder...Doors Locked
Reminders & FYIs
SAT Meeting: Mar. 12
Third Quarter Ends: Mar. 13
5th Grade Moving Up Talk (only 4th gr): Mar. 13
Digital Learning Day: Mar. 13
Missouri Read In Day: Mar. 13
Spring Break: Mar. 16-20
Spring Pictures (K-4,ECSE/PCA/EC Blended & Tu/Th classes): Mar. 24
Spring Pictures (EC Mon/Wed Classes): Mar. 25
Kindergarten Round Up: Mar. 25 @ 2-3:30 pm & 7-8 pm
Sonic Night: Mar. 26
Please make sure you enter data into Protabula as students visit buddy rooms.
Include dates on target sheets. This helps Mrs. Warren enter data efficiently.
Forward emails regarding dismissal changes to both Karla and Renee.
- Please remember to be at specials door :35 after to deliver & :30 to pick up.
- Fridays --jeans with Ray Pec spirit wear.
- Continue checking off students at dismissal.
Remember to add your lesson plans to the Google RE Shared Folder each Monday by 8:25 a.m.
- It is our district and building expectation that all staff reply to communication (email and phone calls) with within a 24 hour time frame.
- If you have any pictures of great things going on in your classroom or family, please send them to Jennika. I would love to share with others in our Weekly Staff Update.
- Call or text Michelle & Jennika if you're going to be unexpectedly absent (after 4 pm day before). 616-4210 and 550-4434
- Call or text Michelle if you will be in the building on the weekend! The lounge/workroom will be open for access to copiers.
- Remember to check the RE Shared Calendar for events! We are still adding, and things change.
Looking for previous copies of our Weekly Staff Updates? If so, these can be found on our Raymore Tigers Weebly site under "For Staff" & then click on "Raymore Update".
PLC: Our Mission, Vision, Values
- Focus on Learning
- Build a Collaborative Culture
- Focus on Results
We answer four questions:
- What do we expect our students to learn? (Goals/Expectations)
- How will we know they are learning? (Assessment)
- How will we respond when they don’t learn? (DI Intervention)
- How will we respond if they already know it? (DI Extension)
To fulfill our mission & vision:
- M: Preparing each student for a successful and meaningful life
- V: Turning today's learners into tomorrow's leaders
With these commitments:
- We are committed to consistency & accountability for each student's success.
- We are committed to a system of support for students and adults.
- We are committed to a safe, trusting and collaborative environment.
- We are committed to best practices.
- We are committed to high expectations for learning, behavior and citizenship.
- We are committed to quality communication & positive relationships with all stakeholders
- We are committed to effective communication regarding student progress.
- We are committed to data-driven decision making.
- We are committed to use of appropriate channels for communication.
- We are committed to a guaranteed (consistent) and viable (doable) curriculum.
- We are committed to maintaining fiscal responsibility while improving student achievement