St. Paul's Youth
News & Events
Lenten Soup Suppers - New Format & Time!!
Each Wednesday during Lent we will be hosting new family-style soup suppers open to everyone in the congregation. The program begins at 6:30 pm with dinner and will last only one hour—a perfect way to enjoy a meal and great conversation even during our busiest evenings. The evening will conclude at 7:30 pm. This is mandatory for teens in our Confirmation program & encouraged for families and our Sr. High Youth Group!
Soup Suppers begin February 21 and will be held each Wednesday from 6:30-7:30 pm through March 21. We invite everyone—from families with children, to our retirees—to join us as we return to the simple tradition of sharing soup during Lent.
This year we are calling on our Confirmation and SPY youth to provide soup as well as set up for each week. Confirmation service hours are available for both soup and for set up. Please see the following Sign Up Genius link to sign up:
St Paul's Lutheran Church Youth Program
(SOUP SUPPERS - 2/21 through 3/21; 6:30 - 7:30PM)
Wednesday Nights Throughout the School Year from 7:00 to 8:30pm - Sr. High Youth Group and Pizza Dinner for Grades 9-12, and Confirmation Classes and Pizza Dinner for Grades 7-8. Fun events also run throughout the year - summer Mission Trips, weekend retreats, community service activities and group outings.
Youth Choir: Wednesdays; Grades 7 & 8; 7:30-8:30pm during Lent!
Sunday School - Every Sunday Morning Throughout the School Year at 9:30am
- Senior High (Grades 9-12): Taught by our Director of Youth Ministry, Karen Wurster, our engaging Sr. High class welcomes a large group of teens to discuss current life topics related to faith. We meet in the Youth Room on the ground floor. You are always welcome....come even if you haven't been able to come for a while.... Friends are always welcome too!
- Grades 7-8: Led by a team of inspired, caring teachers, the 7-8 grade program complements the Confirmation program, so that the two programs together cover a comprehensive scope. Grade 7 focuses on the Old Testament, while Grade 8 centers on New Testament stories. It is not necessary to be a confirmation student to participate--come anytime! Grade 7 meets in Room F and Grade 8 in Room A/B.
Upcoming Events & Service Opportunities!
- Aid For Friends - Confirmation students can always earn service hours for making food to donate to Aid For Friends. Meals are prepared on the first Tuesday of each month. The next AFF meal assembly day will be Tuesday, March 6th in the St. Paul's kitchen. NEW!!! Donations of homemade cookies are needed - please bring donations any Wednesday night to Lenten Soup Supper and/or Pizza Dinner. Please label container with AFF & your child's name -cookies can be frozen for future use. Donations may also still be dropped off by 9am March 6. If you have any questions, please contact Carole Hatton at 215-794-7646*
- Lenten Soup Suppers* http://www.signupgenius.com/go/5080d44a5a929a2fb6-lenten
- SAVE THE DATE!!!!! Easter Bake Sale Prep - Sat., March 24*
- SAVE THE DATE!!!!! Easter Bake Sale - Sun., March 25*
*Opportunities for confirmation service hours.