- Play Day will be Wednesday, May 18. Each homeroom has been asked to bring specific items. These items will either be given to the classes on the day of the event or sold in the concession stand. The money raised at the concession stand goes back into the PE fund to help provide equipment throughout the year and inflatables for Play Day. Click here for details.
- We will be offering a meal deal at Play Day that includes a personal pizza from CiCi's, chips, and a drink for $5. All meal deals must be ordered in advance. The deadline to order is this Friday, May 6.
- This Wednesday will be our final Chess Club meeting of the school year. Everyone is welcome. Hope to see you at 7:30 in the library!
- If you signed up for our chess tournament, please check with Mrs. Craig (4th grade) and Mrs. Buckner (5th grade) each day to see if you have a new match.
- This month's Science Club will meet on Tuesday, May 17, for a Virtual Dissection! The Fort Worth Museum of Science & History would like our input on what to dissect. There is a survey you can complete here to give your opinion. Watch for a note to come home soon with more information!
- Cheer sign ups are coming soon! You can sign up Saturday, May 7; Tuesday, May 10; or Saturday, May 14, at the Paradise City Hall. We will have extra notes in the office with more information.
Springtime is Testing Time!
As you probably already know, this this time of year means testing is upon us once again. At Paradise Intermediate, we work hard to keep testing as stress-free as possible for our students. We encourage all students to get a good night's sleep before testing and to eat a healthy breakfast that morning. Students are allowed to bring a healthy snack to school on testing days. Please make sure snacks are not sticky or messy. They may also bring water to drink during the test. Here are the upcoming dates for STAAR:
- Monday, May 9...........................4th Grade Math
- Tuesday, May 10.........................4th Grade Reading
- Wednesday, May 11...................5th Grade Science