A Weekly Look at Grant Elementary School & the Grant PTA
Week of February 25, 2019
Reminder: This is Conference Week! Early Pick Up times: Kinder 11:40 & Grades 1-6 12:45
A Message from the Principal:
In the Spring, grade level teams gather together to create classes for the following year. For example, the first-grade team will meet to create second-grade classes for the following year. This is a very thorough and thoughtful process. Teachers must create a balance of gender, academic needs/abilities, social dynamics, behaviors, parent volunteers, and IEPs. Once the balanced classes have been created, a teacher is assigned to the class. Students are NOT placed based on who the teacher is.
If you would like to give your current teacher more information on the learning environment that you feel best suits your child for the following year, please fill out a Student Information Form in the office. These will be available beginning on Friday, March 1. Requests for specific teachers will not be honored.
Dr. Seuss Birthday Bash, 2/28
We sure hope you can make it to the school wide celebration of Dr. Seuss Birthday on Thursday, February 28th in the multi from 5:30-7:30 p.m.! There will be carnival games, lots of prizes and food galore. Celebrate reading and have a great time. We think the good doctor would approve.
Please RSVP HERE
Mrs. Crysdale and Ms Beavers need your help on February 28th. Please check out the sign up genius to see if you might be able to participate!
Lucky Strike Bowling, Sunday 3/3
Coming this Sunday, March 3rd from 2-4pm...Grant Lucky Strike Bowling. Please return your RSVP forms by Friday with payment ($35 per couple/$10 per additional child.) If you didn't get a form, they can be found in the office, here in the newsletter to the left or you can email Kim at firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll have treats from Anna B's Kitchen, pizza, contests with prizes and lots of bowling fun.
Intent to Return Form, We'll take them even if they're late :-)
Auction Tickets On Sale Now!
This is Grant's biggest fundraiser of the year. It helps the PTA fund classroom items, assist with field trip costs, put on the school play, family BBQ and so much more! So, book your babysitters early, put on your Florals, Fruits, or Fedoras, and join us for an exciting night of Cuban Culture, food, and dancing at our 24th Annual Spring Auction Fundraiser! Tickets are on sale now! You can buy them HERE!
In addition, we also still need volunteers to help set up and take down the event. We know that you are all busy, so the hours are flexible and we are grateful for any help! If you are interested please email email@example.com or sign up at this link: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/5080848a9ad23a3fb6-annual
What Did your Grant PTA Fund this month?
- New balls and hula-hoops and general playground equipment for all students to check out and use at recess.
- 2k for keyboards to be used by 4th-6th-grade students for a variety of things, including classwork and testing.
- Expenditures for the community building dance & bowling events
- Expenditures for the school play
PTA Association Meeting, 3/14 6pm
Grant Cares Gift Card Drive
Year Book Cover Design Contest! Due THIS FRIDAY 3/1
Tea Collection Schools Days Fundraiser!
Get excited for our first ever Tea Collection Schools Days fundraiser coming the week of March 4th (next week!). We will share a Grant school promotion code to save 15% off their site and they will in turn donate back 15% of our total purchases that week! It’s a win-win! Start building your shopping cart now! Have you seen their clothes? Ethically sourced, fair trade, adorable styles, cozy and cotton! Flyers with our code will go home in Friday folders this Friday 3/1. We will also post on our PTA Facebook page. Any questions, contact Elisa King: firstname.lastname@example.org”
Lucky Ladies Sweetheart Ball Wrap Up
Important Upcoming Dates
In the Thank You Column:
- Many thanks to Cassie Propst, Julie Klinge and Maryann Pacheco for putting on the dance. It was a wonderful and well attended event. Nicely done ladies
- Thank you to all our dance volunteers: Carrie Smetana, Mia Robertson, Gayatri Podesta, Sasha Grimes, Angela Parsons, Amanda Chambers, Jackie Magliari, Gretajean Lind, Heather Casarotti, Julie Westney, Alyssa Pacheco and Angela Crockett. Plus the Propst & Klinge families. We couldn't have done it without you!
- Many thanks to our hero Christian Johnson for running home to get his working chocolate fountain! You made so many kids happy.
- Thank you to Jenny Reich for all the hard work on the auction so far and to Isabel Melara for taking on classroom basket duties.
- Mrs. O'Niell - many thanks for bringing ideas to the PTA meeting regarding needed equipment for our Grant students.
At A Glance
February 25- Mar.1 Conference Week-Early Dismissal (Grades 1-6 at 12:45 and Kinder at 11:40)
February 25- Mar. 1 Read Across America
February 28- Dr. Seuss Birthday Party in the Multi - All are welcome! See RSVP link above.
March 1- Yearbook Cover Designs Due
March 3- Lucky Strikes Bowling 2-4pm
March 4-11 Fundraise with School Days
March 7- Final day to turn in invoices for March PTA Reimbursement
March 14- PTA Board Meeting and Association Meeting (elections)
March 18-22- Spring Break
March 28- Ice cream Social