WHO IS A U.S. CITIZEN? by: Katie, Brianna, Crystal
Lucky you, you're a citizen!
-You were born in United States or its territories.
You have become a citizen!
-You have gone through the Process of naturalization.
You are a citizen!
-You were under the age of 18 when you're parents went through the process and became naturalized.
HOW TO BECOME A CITIZEN
RIGHTS, DUTIES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF CITIZENS
- Some rights ..... speech/ writing, religion, voting and electing, the right to fair trial.
- Equal respect, freedom, equality, and justice
DUTIES: (must do) Duties of citizens, citizens have duties and by doing them you support government efforts that meet our society needs. Some examples of citizen duties are: obeying laws, paying taxes, going to school, defending our nation, and serving on a jury or as a witness in court.
RESPONSIBILITIES: (should do) Responsibilities are just part of being a citizen, you are not required by law to do them.
- Make community better place to live in
- contribute to common good
- join or create organizations
WHAT POWER DOES ONE HAVE WITH THE OFFICE OF CITIZEN?
- Citizens have the power to decide what our government will and will not do ...
- Granted by our constitution .. protected by our laws and our courts