January 17, 2019
The Central Bucks School District (CBSD) is committed to the safety and well-being of our students and educators. We believe this commitment includes the implementation of programs that involve parents, teachers, support staff, administrators, local law enforcement, mental health & wellness professionals, and elected officials to take meaningful action to protect our students, staff, and community.
As a part of that effort, CBSD is joining districts across the Commonwealth in rolling out the Safe2Say Something (S2SS) program. Recently mandated by Pennsylvania State law, S2SS is an anonymous reporting system designed to help students and staff to recognize the warning signs and signals (especially on social media) of individuals who may be a threat to themselves or others. The S2SS program trains students and school staff members to treat every warning sign seriously and to act quickly to get help by talking to a trusted adult and/or by reporting it anonymously via phone, mobile app, or website to the Pennsylvania S2SS Crisis Center. District staff members will be trained to respond to and manage tips that are submitted in coordination with state and local law enforcement officials.
S2SS is based on a three-step system:
- An anonymous tip is submitted via one of the following options:
- Website: https://www.safe2saypa.org/
- Tipline: 1-844-SAF2SAY
- Mobile App for Apple and Android Devices
- All calls and tips are received by the 24/7 S2SS Crisis Center.
- A S2SS Crisis Center analyst receives and reviews tip information.
- The tip is triaged and categorized as either life safety or non-life safety.
- The tip is then sent to school officials and law enforcement (as needed) via text, email, and/or phone call.
- School officials and law enforcement intervene and/or offer assistance
- School officials and law enforcement (as needed) investigate, assess, and intervene with reported at-risk individuals.
- School officials report their outcomes into the Safe2Say Something platform and close out the tip, ensuring accountability for every tip submitted.
The S2SS program and curriculum is funded and managed by the Pennsylvania Attorney General’s office through a partnership with Sandy Hook Promise, a national non-profit organization working to improve school safety. The curriculum is designed to be age-appropriate and research-based.
Student-focused training sessions will take place in CB schools in the coming weeks.
Questions about S2SS may be directed to any member of our Safe2Say Something Crisis Team at 267-893-2000:
- Dr. John J. Kopicki, Superintendent of Schools
- Mr. Robert H. Kleimenhagen Jr., CFM, SFP Director of Facilities and Energy Management Operations
- Dr. Nadine Garvin, Assistant Superintendent for Elementary Education
- Dr. Abram Lucabaugh, Assistant Superintendent for Secondary Education
- Mr. Dave Matyas, Director of Business
Indoor or Outdoor Recess
Lots of New Flyers This Week!
To view the entire Warwick calendar for this school year, click here.
PTO Great Wolf Lodge Offer
Saturday, March 30th, 12am to Sunday, March 31st, 12am
1 Great Wolf Drive
Warwick Families are invited to Great Wolf Lodge in the Poconos on Saturday, March 30th to March 31st for a special discount rate of $209.00 (plus taxes & resort fee). See the PDF below for more information.
Box Top Contest Announcement!
Click here to learn more about our amazing PTO and how you can get involved!
- Previous Warwick Weeklies
- Warwick Parent/Guardian Handbook
- Library Newsletters: Check out upcoming events, what books are hot, and what students in each grade are learning in the Warwick Library!
- My Payments Plus
- Lunch Menu
- Apply for Free/Reduced Breakfast & Lunch
- Teacher Web Pages
- Parent/Guardian Volunteer Requirements
- PTO: Web Page and Letter from our President
- When to Keep your Student Home from School for Illness
- CBSD Mobile App - Parents and guardians can get a FREE CB App to keep up with all things Warwick and CB.
- Before/Aftercare at Warwick
- Parent Portal - Ongoing student progress reporting and more.
- CB Cares Education Foundation's Backpack Newsflash
- E-Friday Folder
- We Want to Hear from You - An online place to record feedback for us on how we did each week.
Follow us on Twitter
Get Warwick Tweets by following @CBWarwickElem on Twitter. Or you can view our Twitter feed by visiting our Warwick home page.
Follow/Like us on Facebook
New this year, Warwick has its own Facebook Page. We will use this to communicate highlights and upcoming events much like we do using Twitter.
Follow the instructions to download the free CBSD app to stay connected with all of your selected CBSD schools.