The impact it has on me and others
Facts about motorcycles
What I have learned from researching is that motorcycles are huge in the United States and across the world. Last year alone four million motorcycles were in use in the United States. Whether relied upon as a primary means of transportation, used to provide weekend recreation, souped up and sped along for racing, or displayed as antique, millions of people across the world have shown that the novelty most definitely has not worn off. There is no doubt that motorcycles are still popular. They are so liked because they get great gas mileage and with gas prices going up they are saving lots of money on gas. Also they are super compact and small so they can be used in busy city like New York or Japan where the roads are small and full of people.
Why I choose to do this project
- The first motorcycle was the SH Roper 1869 steam cycle.
- The front tire provides 75% of a bike’s grip when cornering.
- The most powerful superbike ever to go into production is the MTT Turbine Super bike which offers a mind-boggling 300 horsepower.
- The largest parade of Harley Davidson motorbikes was conducted for charity in Denver, Colorado on December 8, 2002 and included 2,118 riders.
- Japan built a motorcycle called the TOTO which was powered by human waste.
- There have been motorcycle manufacturers by all three of the following names: Devil, Satan, and Lucifer.