FEBRUARY PROFESSIONAL LEARNING
BY SOUTHWEST PLAINS REGIONAL SERVICE CENTER
WELCOME TO OUR MONTHLY WORKSHOP NEWSLETTER
Hot Topics by Dr. Gillespie with Support by Dr. Watson
- Gain insight into the impact of the new law - ESSA Student Success At - on Kansas School Districts
- Achieve clarity regarding the Individual Plan of Study (IPS) and its role in the KansansCan vision, the success of each student
- Secure understanding of the Crosswalk between the Rose Standards and the 5 R's for Kansas Educational System Accreditation (KESA)
Plan to enjoy a powerful and rigorous program delivered by top experts in education including our own:
- Kansas Commissioner of Education - Dr. Randy Watson
- CEO of Southwest Plains Regional Service Center - Dr. Kelly Gillespie
- Educational Consultant at SWPRSC, specializing in the IPS for Kansas - Jenna Johnson
Experience cross-district communication in a collaborative, results-based environment. Ample opportunity is planned to balance content with discussion. Presenters will provide insight valuable for immediate decision-making and for 2016-17 strategic planning. Clarity generates confidence and confidence will move us forward on behalf of student success. To leverage the power of this event, please plan to bring your entire team.
ESOL Cadre III
Thursday, Feb. 4th, 8:30am-3pm
810 Lark Avenue
Cadre topics include compliance with the requirements of the Kansas ESOL program and Title III; auditing issues for ESOL; Office of Civil Rights compliance; instructional strategies for ELLs; program design; parental involvement; counseling issues; and most importantly, time for ESOL teachers and directors to network and share.