Robert B. Ruddell
By: Maria DelReal
Photo (Ruddell, 2011, p.1)
- building, background knowledge
- giving and using real world examples of language use
- giving children choice
- building positive classroom environment
- providing individual, group, whole class feedback
Shared beliefs of influential teachers about teaching-
Do you have an influential teacher in mind (with characteristics listed above)?
Would your students think of you as an influential teacher?
- Robert's mother was his teacher in the one room school.
- He finished high school at the age of 14 and started college at the age of 15
- His starting salary was $1,800 per year!
(Ruddell, 2011, p. 2-3)
-How to Teach Reading to Elementary and Middle School Students: Practical Ideas from Highly Effective Teahers ( Allyn & Bacon, publishers, 2009)
-Theoretical Models and Processes of Reading, 5th ed (published by the International Reading association)
Alverman, D.E., Unrau, N.J.,& Ruddell, R.B. (Eds.). (2013) Theoretical models and processes of reading (6th ed.) Newark, DE: International Reading Association.
Robert B. Ruddell (nd) retrieved from http://www.readinghalloffame.org/Robert_Ruddell.
Ruddell, R. B. (1992). A whole language and literature perspective: Creating a meaning making instructional environment. Language Arts 69 (8), 612-620.
Ruddell, R. B. (1995). Those influential literacy teachers: Meaning negotiators and motivation builders. The Reading Teacher 48 (6), 454-463.
Ruddell, R. B. (2011). My life in literacy. History of reading news. Retrieved from http://www.historyliteracy.org/newsletters/histlit.2011.34.2.pdf.