November 16, 2015
This Week At Parkview
- College Shirts and jeans, teach about one new college
- Collaboration, 2nd grade, 7:30-8:10 am
- Grades due by 8:00 am
- ARD speech 11:45
- ARD speech 12:30
- Lego Club 6:00-7:00
- Collaboration, 1st and 5th grades, 7:30-8:10 am
- 1st grade field trip to Mainstay Farms
- Epps reading day http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0e4caba82da1f85-reading2
Wednesday, November 18th
- Collaboration, Kinder, 7:30-8:10 am
- Staff meeting, 3rd grade snacks/game; 1st and 2nd presenting Fundamental 5
- Ed Foundation Celebration, 4:45-6:00 at CTHS
- November writing "What are three things you appreciate about your teacher and why" due to Robin B
Thursday, November 19th
- Collaboration 3rd grade, 7:30-8:10
- Fort Worth Children's Opera, Kinder,2nd,3rd@9am; 1st, 4th,5th@10am
- ARD speech 1:00 pm
- ARD speech 3:00 pm
- Progress reports go home
- Collaboration 4th grade, 7:30-8:10
- Character Assembly, 8:30 am
- Staff Potluck, order Jason's Deli
- Attendance Dance 2:30 pm
- Happy Birthday, Robin Doty (tomorrow)!
Coming Up Next Week!
- No school
- No school
- No school
- Thanksgiving, Happy Birthday, Reiana Jester!
- Happy Birthday, Faye Snider!
Coming Up Soon!
11/30 PTA board, 6 pm
12/2 AP meeting here (walk through by teams of APs expected)
12/2 Vertical Teams meet 3:10-4:10
12/3 3rd grade field trip to Fort Worth Museum
12/3 Bilingual meeting at HDC
12/4 Dad Breakfast 7:00 am
12/4 Picture retakes
12/5 Breakfast with Santa, 9 am-noon
12/8 Dr. Chadwell visit
12/9 Christmas Lunch for 1st 11:15, 3rd 12:00, and 5th 12:45
12/9 CPAC mtg
12/10 Theatre production for parents of Frog and Toad All Year, 6:30 pm
12/11 Theatre production of Frog and Toad All Year for students times TBA
12/15 Epps reading day
12/16 District Holiday Open House at Admin
12/16 Choir performance by CTHS, 10:15 am
12/18 Early dismissal, Christmas Parties, 10:30-11:30 am
Vocabulary Instructional Focus 2015-16
What did you do last week to teach, Incognito? Zany? Erroneous? Our new word this week is BAFFLE, hard to understand or solve.
Thank you to all of our classroom teachers are diligently working many extra hours to conference with parents! We appreciate your efforts and know that those honest conversations will pay off in the future!!
I hope you are reflecting on things for which you are thankful! I am thankful for each of you and the part you play in the lives of our kids! Have a wonderful week and a blessed Thanksgiving break!
The November writing topic is "What are three things you appreciate about your teacher and why" These are due to Robin by 11/18.
Flocabulary will be presented at the November staff meeting so be sure to set up your account. http://flocabulary.com/access-group-activation/parkview-el-2
Fundamental 5 will be presented this week at staff meeting. Be sure you have read chapter 4 and 5.
The Opera will be here this Thursday. We encourage staff and kids to wear nice clothes (church dress) and bring a change of clothes if needed.