The Patriot Premier
The Weekly Update for NPHS families, Apr 20 - Apr 24, 2020
So if you're not putting on your break up boots and walking through puddles right now, you're missing out on a seasonal Alaskan tradition. Take it from our migratory friends who have winged their way back up to Alaska this week and are playing in the puddles at places like at Creamer's field (see picture below). The only difference...swans and geese don't have to observe the 14-day quarantine requirement for out-of-State travel. Welcome to Spring in the Interior: It's what you do.
Meanwhile, "back at the ranch," we are taking things day by day. Read below to find out the latest. Here's wishing you and your family all the best...and don't forget to do some puddle-stompin!
• Parent Frequently Asked Questions here
• End of the Year Locker Pick Up Form here. Students, if you still have things in your locker, you have until the end of April to sign up to come to the school to get your things. Tuesdays and Thursdays are being dedicated to this (see form).
• Virtual Prom: Time to show off your prom outfits! If you post a picture of you in your prom attire and tag it #nphsprom2020 or email a photo to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to April 22nd, we'll put together a Prom 2020 collage and share it on our NPHS FB page! And, if you weren't able to get prom attire and just want to post an appropriate selfie, we'll take that too.
• Textbook/Chromebook Return: We will begin collecting Chromebooks and textbooks at the school on Monday, April 27th. This will be done by observing all required safety protocols. More information in next week's Patriot Premier.
• Yearbook Distribution: We are planning to begin this process the week of May 4th, and again we will be following safety protocols for this process. More information to come as time gets closer.
• Seniors: Graduation is Thursday, May 14th, at 7 pm. We will be zooming with you about the details soon. Questions? Connect with Ms. Iannarelli at Dina.Iannarelli@k12northstar.org or Mr. Ballek at Christopher.Ballek@k12northstar.org.
• New Administration at NPHS for next year: Principal - Graham Storey, Assistant Principals - Michelle Spillane and Henry Burns. You will be hearing more from them as time goes on; please welcome them.
This Week: April 20th - April 24th
Pictures From Last Week [Click the Picture to Enlarge]
Custodian Sophia Weeks works to clean student lockers.
Our mascot now displays a graduation gown while practicing safety by wearing a cloth face mask (PPPE = Patriotic Personal Protective Equipment).
Organized for Pick-Up
Student personal items from lockers are bagged, tagged, and organized for pick up. Sign up here to pick up yours.
Organized for Pick-Up
Do You Know This Place?!
A familiar sight to all Patriots.
A new lake now occupies what was the NPHS student parking lot.
Can you see them?
• NPHS YEARBOOKS: Still time...click this link to get yours!
• Paper Packets: Every Friday from 7:30 am - 2:30 pm is for students and parents to drop off any paper assignments at the school for their teachers, and to pick up any paper assignments from teachers.