The DCMS Bat Signal: 5/6/19
Super me, super you, everyday heroes make dreams come true.
Good Morning Team DCMS Superheroes!
Happy Staff Appreciation Week! While we appreciate the work you do every day, this week is special. Each day staff will have a special something happening. See the schedule below.
Monday - You are CLEARLY appreciated! & Have we Reece-ntly told you we appreciate you?
Tuesday - North Salem State Bank Luncheon provided during both lunches (in staff lounge)
Wednesday -A salty & sweet snack in each team room
Thursday - Wild Boar BBQ Lunch Food Truck provided by DCSC (get your voucher from Tisha)
Friday - PTO Luncheon for all staff during lunches (in staff lounge) & Citrus snack
Monday, Wednesday, and Friday's snacks are funded by DCMS Student Council! Thank you!
14 Days Left with Students
- Teacher Appreciation Week - Monday, 5/6 - Friday, 5/10 (more details to come)
- DLTA Rep Mtg - Friday, 5/10 @ 1 PM
- School Board Mtg - Monday, 5/13 @ 6:30 PM in South Elementary cafe
- 6th & 7th Grade Choir Concert - Tuesday, 5/14 @ 7 PM in the MS gym
- 4th Graders Visit DCMS - Thursday, 5/16
- 4th to 5th Parent Transition Meeting - Monday, 5/20
- MS Band Concert - Tuesday, 5/21, at 7 PM in the MS gym
- Senior Walk @ DCMS - Tuesday, 5/22 @ ~10:55 AM; all classes to line the hallways
- Last Student Day - Friday, 5/24
- Last Teacher Day - Tuesday, 5/28
- Faculty Mtg - Wednesday, 5/8 - PLC
- Faculty Mtg - Wednesday, 5/15 - PLC
Stop the Bleed Training for MS Staff - May 28 from 11 - 12
House Bill 1063 mandates that school staff are trained to Stop the Bleed. Below is the training schedule for district employees.
Friday, May 10th- High School Certified Staff 7:25-8:25
Stop The Bleed Training: (Sessions to be held in the Middle School Gym)
Tuesday, May 28th-
- 9-10:00 CNC, Technology, Preschool, North Teachers, & South Teachers
- 10-11:00 Food Service, Housekeeping (Except Middle School), & Transportation
- 11-12:00 Middle School Housekeepers, Middle School Teachers & Maintenance
Finals Schedule for S2
The grades 7 & 8 finals schedule is as follows:
- Friday, 5/17 - White Related Arts
- Monday, 5/20 - Red Related Arts
- Tuesday, 5/21 - Math
- Wednesday, 5/22 - ELA
- Thursday, 5/23 - SCI
- Friday, 5/24 - SS
No final exams are to be given early.
Yearbook Signing time for students will be on Thursday, 5/23, starting at ~2:30 PM.
Yearbooks will be delivered to GOAL or last period (for 5th) prior to yearbook signing. Do not distribute to students until 2:30 PM the day of signing. If it rains, we will do 5th and 6th in their respective hallways; 7 and 8 in the café.
Last Day Schedule for 7/8
Thank you to Amanda Birkey who helped to me revise and correct the schedule below.
All teachers are expected to attend. If you do not have an assigned class at that time that you are taking to the gym, sit with one of the related arts teachers who has your students to assist him or her in supervision. It is likely that one or all of them will be getting up to present an award. Please spread yourselves around. Department Heads/Presenters, please be poised and ready to give your awards prior to the previous presenter finishing. The goal is to complete our program in an hour or less. When you finish presenting your award please introduce the next presenter. For example, Mrs. Hayse will say, "and now Mrs. Smith will present the Math Department awards." Mrs. Smith will say, "and now Mr. Gleason will present the Science Department awards." and so on.
About Us: Mission & Collective Commitments
We are a collaborative group of educators committed to ensuring high student achievement.
We commit to…
- Focusing on student proficiency of Indiana College & Career Readiness standards, not just coverage of material.
- Working collaboratively to benefit all students with a focus on results.
- Join forces to learn by doing on a daily basis.
- Using frequent common assessments that inform and drive our instruction.
- Providing intervention and enrichment based upon the formative data.
- Furthering a culture that uses value-added language, encourages one another, and celebrates successes.