Grade Change Request - AB104

Application Request to Change 2020-21 Letter Grade to P/NP

Parents/guardians and adult students may request that high school grades earned during the 20-21 school year be changed from a letter grade to Pass or No Pass.


  1. Parent/guardian fill out the Grade Change Request Form by October 1, 2021
  2. The school's Vice Principal will receive the request and approve the change
  3. The school's Registrar will change the grade in Synergy
  4. Parent/guardian will receive a copy of the transcript


  • This is a course-by-course request and there is no limit to the courses that are eligible
  • This change shall not negatively affect GPA
  • This change shall not result in eligibility for state or institutional financial aid
  • The change applies to grades earned in 2020-21 school year only
  • Once grades are changed to P/NP they are final and cannot be changed back to letter grades
  • Grades of NM is the same as NP
  • It is recommended to consult with a counselor before requesting a change to discuss potential impacts