Miner Bee Messenger
TES Family Updates
Enjoy your weekend!
We just finished our 7th week of school. Our Miner Bees are working hard throughout the day and we want to thank you for your continued support both academically and behaviorally. Working as a team ensures your child's success in school!
The TES Staff hopes you enjoy your sunny weekend! Enjoy!
Don't forget about the Book Character Pumpkin Decorating Contest!
We invite you to participate in Book Character Pumpkin Decorating Contest. Please follow the criteria below! We can't wait to see how creative our Miner Bees and their families are with this fun activity!
1. This is a home activity, to be done as a family or individual student
2. Pumpkins must represent a children's book character- please add a card to share the book, the character, and the name of the student and teacher.
3. Pumpkins should not be carved but decorated, painted, and/or with added embellishments. (Markers can be used, but acrylic paints work the best!) CARVED and OVER RIPE pumpkins will NOT be accepted.
4. Pumpkins can be brought to school anytime between October 7th and 25th. Pumpkins will be displayed throughout the school through October 31st.
5. Voting by staff will be Wednesday, October 26th in various categories. Winners will be announced at the end of the day on Wednesday and in the Miner Bee Messenger on Oct. 28th.
6. Parent/Community Viewing can be done from 3:30-5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, October 26th.
6. Pumpkins will need to be picked up between October 31st and November 3rd. All remaining pumpkins will be discarded.
We hope you join us in a little pumpkin fun!!!
Important Dates: Mark You Calendars
Bring in your decorated pumpkin for Pumpkin Pumpkin Storybook Contest
Monday, October 10th:
Tuesday, October 11th:
EARLY RELEASE @ 1:50 p.m.
Wednesday, October 12th:
Thursday, October 13th:
Friday, October 14th:
Saturday, October 15th:
TEF Fall Festival 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Tuesday, October 25th
Last day to bring pumpkin in for Pumpkin Pumpkin Storybook Contest
Wednesday, October 26th
Parent/Community Viewing for Pumpkin Pumpkin Storybook Contest
Monday, October 31st
Halloween Parade @ 1:30
Thursday, November 3rd
Last day to pick up pumpkin from school
- THS Athletic Boosters Needs Your Help - Clark’s Market Receipt Fundraiser happening each Monday for the next four weeks!!
Clark's Market Telluride has selected Telluride Athletic Boosters as the designated non-profit for the Fall fundraiser! Our Student Booster Club will have a box at checkout to collect receipts from shoppers on the following Mondays: October 7, October 24, October 31 and November 7. So save up your shopping friends and go in to support our student athletes!! Clark's will donate to the THS Athletic Boosters 5% of the total value of receipts collected. This is a great opportunity to raise money for our THS student athletes and athletic programs. Spread the word and be sure to shop at Clark's these Mondays and turn in your receipts.
Upcoming Games and Athletic Information
All athletic information regarding game dates and times, registration, live game streaming and the Booster club can be found on the athletic website, tellurideathletics.com.
- SAVE THE DATE: Fall Harvest Festival October at the Judy Long Field.
Winter PE Information coming soon!
Keep checking your emails for information regarding upcoming Winter PE Registration and Information from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Corinne Scheman is offering an online mindfulness course, From Surviving to Thriving with Mindfulness, on zoom, Tuesdays from Oct 11- Nov. 1, 6:00-7:30 PM.
Attending the four sessions is required since the classes build on previous learning.
Below is the course description. Please email Corinne to sign up- email@example.com
From Surviving to Thriving with Mindfulness
Many of us have varied pressures and demands in our lives, from work or family, that can create a sense of just getting by, surviving one day to start again the next. The skills we can learn through mindfulness support our well-being and overall health, turning a perspective of surviving into a sense of thriving, despite nothing changing externally.
Research shows mindfulness can increase focus, calm, and emotional regulation while decreasing anxiety, stress, and negative thinking. Mindfulness can improve our ability to stay present and reflect, increasing our ability to handle the varied demands of work, family, and life. A personal mindfulness practice can support presence and calm for yourself and increase empathy and compassion.
This course will provide you with tools to create more space, awareness, peace, and presence in your life!
You will leave this course with an understanding of the following aspects of Mindfulness:
Mindfulness of breath
Mindfulness of body
Mindfulness of emotions
Mindfulness of thoughts
Kindness and compassion practices
Mindfulness is experiential thus, we will be meditating twice a class period. The meditations will range from 5 to 20 minutes.
- Help shape the future of public health service in San Miguel County. Please click here to fill out this survey to help the department of public health and community leaders learn about what our community members need to have a better quality of life. Enter to win one of three $100 gift cards.
COMMUNITY INFO -Please see attached flyer for information on:
- JOIN THE TEAM!! Telluride Ski & Snowboard Club and Figure Skating Club registration is now open!
Early bird pricing through Sept. 30th, payment plans available.
Learn more by registering on our site: www.TSSC.org
- Girl Scouts Fall Fun Event October 22nd. Open to girls in grades K-5. RSVP to Ashley.firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fall Harvest Festival at the Schmid Family Ranch October 8th 11-5. Pumpkins, fames, wagon rides, music, food and more.
- Ah Haa Art offerings for youth and teens as well as tuition assistance
- Western Slope FK walk to support Type 1 diabetes
- Telluride Historical Museum has started a new program they are offering in partnership with the Ute Museum of Montrose and History Colorado, which offers an array of lessons on Ute Culture and STEM Education in unison.
- Calling All K-12 Students for a chance to win $3,750 in Cash Prizes through the Water ‘22 Student Showcase! Click here for info
Celebración del Mes de la Hispanidad--¡Gratis! Hispanic Heritage Month Celebration --Free!
Les invitamos a celebrar el mes de la Hispanidad! Habrá una cena, una película en español, una competencia de postres, y cuidado de los niños!
We invite you to celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month with us! There will be dinner, a movie in Spanish, a dessert competition and babysitting!
5:30-6:30 Cena y Competencia de Postres/Dinner and Dessert Competition
6:30-8:15 Película en Español/Movie in Spanish
6:15-8:15 Cuidado de Niños/Babysitting
¿Qúe día? jueves, el 13 de octubre
What day? Thursday, October 13th
¿Dónde? La cafeteria, gimnasio y Teatro Palm de la Escuela Segundaria (Telluride Middle High School)
Where? Cafeteria, Gymnasium and Palm Theater (Telluride Middle High School)
Por favor, complete este formulario para confirmar su asistencia. Please fill out this form to let us know that you will be attending.
Links for TES Families
Background Check for Field Trip chaperones and classroom volunteers
Please use TESAttendance@telluride.k12.co.us for any attendance notifications
2022-23 District Calendar
TSD School Bus Schedule
Skippy Dental Link