Tusculum View Tiger Talk
News for the week of September 20, 2021
Tusculum View Mission Statement
Tusculum View has a heart for ALL kids by providing engaging opportunities to achieve excellence.
Good Afternoon Tiger Families,
I hope everyone had a good weekend. We are looking forward to another great week of learning and fun for kids!
Thanks to all who came out to our Open House this past Thursday. It was wonderful to see all the smiling faces as students got to show their families their school and classrooms! They were so proud!
Walk-a-thon was a HUGE success! Kids had a great time walking and enjoying the beautiful weather. Thanks to all those who volunteered to help with the event! :) Thank you GSIA for all of your support of our wonderful school!!
Hope everyone has a great week and stay well!,
- Picture retakes will be September 27th beginning at 8 am. If you were absent for the first picture day, you may get your picture made this day.
- All students eat breakfast and lunch free this school year. If you would like for your child to eat breakfast please arrive by 7:45 in order to allow time for them to eat as class begins at 8 am.
- When dropping students off at side parking lot in the mornings, please DO NOT turn LEFT out of the parking lot. Right turns only during drop off and dismissal.
- Please DO NOT get out of your car in car line to help your student get out of or in to the car. If you need to do this, please pull over in to a parking space.
If you have questions about bus pick up or drop off times or need to add bus transportation, please reach out to Kristen Rollins at 423.787.8003. If you are changing your mode of transportation that you selected during registration, even if for just one day, you will need to submit this in writing to Mrs. Mary before it can be changed.
We cannot accept a phone call to change to/from riding the bus, walking, or pick up. Thank you for your help in this matter. Safety of our students and getting them home to you is our top priority!
Please remember that we will not be able to allow vehicles to begin lining up in our parking lots or the side roads until 2:55 pm for afternoon student pickup.
Please do not block the roads waiting for pick up before 2:55 pm. GPD traffic officers will be on patrol.
GET YOUR TIGER SWAG! School Store is NOW OPEN for business!!
Visit our school store to get Tiger apparel to show your school spirit and Tiger Pride! You may purchase and pay on our site. Merchandise will be sent home with your student when it arrives.
There are many questions about symptoms regarding COVID and whether to send students to school or have them tested. Please see the chart below to help determine what you should do if your child has symptoms. High risk symptoms are in red, low risk in bold black.
You can also learn more about our COVID protocols by visiting the following link:
PLEASE LET NURSE SALLY KNOW IF YOU TEST YOUR STUDENT FOR COVID>
If your child misses a day a school, per policy you must submit written documentation to the school office within two days of the child returning to school. You are allowed three parent notes per semester.
- Several ways to submit your written documentation
- Send written parent note, doctor, dentist, or therapy note with your child to school. Your child will give the written note to their teacher and it will be sent down to the school office.
- Email your excuse to Mrs. Mary at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fill out the Online Absentee Reporting. This is found on Tusculum View Website at the top click Report Absence. Remember to give the reason why your child was absent from school.