Volume 4, Issue 17- November 28th, 2021
A Message from Dr. Lowry
I hope everyone found some time to rest, relax, and recharge over this Thanksgiving break. With one month left in the calendar year, I encourage us all to focus on the positive and continue encouraging our students to achieve greatness.
This week at WoodCreek we have many events taking place. Be sure to check out everything in the Timberwolf Times below for the latest in what's going on at WCJH and Katy ISD!
Have a great week!
Dr. Andrew Lowry
WoodCreek Junior High
This Week in Timberwolf Nation
Monday, November 29
- Day of Awesomeness by PTA during 6th & 7th Periods
- 7th Grade Boys Basketball vs. SLJH @ SLJH 5:15-8:15 PM
- 8th Grade Boys Basketball vs. SLJH @ Home 5:15-8:15 PM
Tuesday, November 30
Wednesday, December 1
Thursday, December 2
- 7th Grade Girls Basketball vs. Beck @ Home 5:15-8:15 PM
- 8th Grade Girls Basketball vs. Beck @ BJH 5:15-8:15 PM
- Band Winter Concert @ Tompkins HS 6:00-9:00 PM
Friday, December 3
- December 6th: Winter Choir Concert @ Holy Covenant United Methodist Church @ 6:30
- December 8th: 7th and 8th Grade Girls Basketball vs. Katy @ Katy HS 5:15 PM
- December 8th: Band Fund Raiser Pick Up Back Parking Lot
- December 8th: Band Booster Spirit Night @ Chicken Salad Chick (Spring Green location)
- December 9th: 7th and 8th Grade Girls A Team Mid Season Basketball Tournament
- December 9th: 7th and 8th Grade Boys A Team Mid Season Basketball Tournament
- December 10th: Fun Food Friday Hosted by PTA
FALL FINAL EXAM SCHEDULE
PTA DAY OF AWESOMENESS
WCJH TOY DRIVE
NOVEMBER CHALLENGE Katy Half Marathon & 5K
CLICK ON CHALLENGE TO DONATE
PTA Fun Food Friday - December 10th
Fun Food Friday is coming up, Friday, December 10th!! The preorder link is open!
🍔 Pre-orders for Chick-fil-A & Marco’s Pizza by Tuesday December 7th at 9pm.
🍕 Pre-orders will be accepted in person during lunch on Tuesday and Wednesday 12/7 & 12/8 only.
🍔 To streamline pre-orders and make the lines run smoother we will be handing out wristbands to all of the students who preordered. Please remind your student to keep track of these, as all students should wear their wristband on Fun Food Friday to pick up their pre-orders.
⏰ The online preorder link will be open until Tuesday, December 7th. Wristbands for preorders will be handed out Tuesday 12/7 and Wednesday 12/8 during lunch.
❤️ Please sign up to volunteer for FFF here…….https://signup.com/go/JfHAHpH
❤️ If you would like to help us by donating items please visit our sign up here….https://signup.com/go/dpGeRJM
Staff Shout Outs
BIRTHDAY GRAMS FOR YOUR STUDENT!
Intermittent School to Home Academic Support Ending Soon...
Car Rider Pick-Up Safety
After meeting with the City of Katy, a few changes are expected this December.
- WoodCreek Bend Lane will become one long school zone from Kingsland to Katy Flewellen. This is being done in order to control the traffic bottleneck at Morgan Pkwy/Rustic Woods Lane and improving the traffic along WoodCreek Bend Lane. Ramps for pedestrian access will also be installed. Until this is completed, we will have a KISD officer assisting with traffic flow at this intersection.
- The city plans to install "No Parking or Stopping during School Zone Times" along WoodCreek Bend Land from Katy Flewellen west to the driveway entrance for Wood Creek Junior High. This is being done to prevent students from crossing our pick-up line traffic and entering vehicles parking on the street.
We greatly appreciate your understanding and support to keep our students safe. Thank you Timberwolves!
Campus Wide Tutorial
Updated for 3rd Six Weeks
National History Day
National History Day is a school, state and national competition where students research, create and compete in local, regional, state and national levels. Students begin their journey by presenting their projects in schools. Top entries are invited to the affiliate level contests. The top two entries in every category at the state level are then invited to the National Contest. If you are interested in participating in National History Day, see Mrs. Robalino in room 1197 or email her at KatinaRobalino@katyisd.org.
This week the WCJH Counseling office delivered guidance lessons to all students. The topics covered in this guidance were an introduction to the counselors office, how to access the counselor’s office, definitions of bullying, how to be an Upstander, making reports using the SpeakUp app regarding student safety, and treating others with kindness, tolerance, and acceptance.
SchooLinks is a modern, college and career readiness platform to prepare students for what comes after graduation. SchooLinks helps students discover their interests and strengths, explore colleges and careers, and create an individualized career and academic plan that best reflects their post-secondary goals. SchooLinks at Katy ISD is accessible in 6th-12th grades by students and their parents.
SchooLinks features are incredibly user-friendly and were designed to streamline the college and career readiness workflow for counselors and staff.
Using SchooLinks, students and families can:
- Access career interest, strength and mindset surveys
- Explore 2-year and 4-year colleges
- Create course plans based on career pathways
- Take virtual reality college campus tours
- Search for scholarships
- Learn about financial aid
- Find internship and volunteer opportunities
- Explore traditional, emerging and military career fields
- Create digital portfolios / resumes
- Communicate with counselors
- Build their Personal Graduation Plan
Students will login to SchooLinks via my Katy Cloud
Then select SchooLinks logo
Parents/Guardians will have login access to Schoolinks at a later date.
If you want to learn more about SchooLinks please visit hello.schoolinks.com
Student Pick Up Time
Please be advised that the cutoff time to check out your student from school is 3:15 PM.
We cannot check out a student after this time before dismissal.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Legacy Parent Academy 2021-2022
What in The Wide World Of WC Sports
ENJOY BREAKFAST WITH SANTA
2021-2022 Bell Schedule
Mission Statement: WoodCreek Junior High, in partnership with the community, parents, and students, will provide a safe, positive, engaging learning environment that is devoted to empowering each student to become a productive, responsible, respectful citizen while achieving academic excellence.
WCJH Administrative Team
Dr. Andrew Lowry Principal
Tim Chesser Assistant Principal - Student Support
Karla Beek Assistant Principal - 6th Grade
Lauren Merriman Assistant Principal - 7th Grade
Stephanie McDonald Assistant Principal - 8th Grade
Jodi Slaughter Counselor - 6th Grade
Jessie Clay Counselor - 7th Grade
Meghan McCarthy Counselor - 8th Grade