WMS Friday Forecast
November 15, 2019 - Week 14
5 Tips for After School Pickup
Just a reminder to parents...
- You need to pick up kids at the Norris Center parking lot after school, not off the Dunham Road driveway, Kirk Rd, or Fox Chase Blvd roadways.
- You need to pull into a parking space in the Norris lot.
- Please follow all posted signs and arrows.
- Go slowly and be aware of all students and cars in the lot.
- Parents may NOT pick-up students from our back parking lot without permission from Mr. Loversky due to injury. They will receive a pass for this purpose.
We had an issue where the sidewalk leading to Norris was not cleared well. We have worked with our facilities department to ensure that this is done properly. (Part of the issue is that we cleared the snow from the sidewalk and then the plow pushed snow back onto it. We are working on getting snow pushed only to one side.)
Our WMS Cheerleaders are Selling Butter Braids!
- Butter Braids cost $14 each while the cost for the cookies is $16 each.
- Checks should be made payable to Wredling Middle School.
- If you would like to order Butter Braids and/or Cookies and don't know a WMS Cheerleader, contact Lucy Johnson in the Wredling Main Office.
CLICK HERE for the Butter Braids order form.
WMS LOST & FOUND IS OVERFLOWING!
Lock Replacement Policy:
SEL - Social Emotional Learning
At WMS, we use the RULER Anchor Tools. The Anchors Tools of Emotional Intelligence are evidence-based tools designed to enhance the emotional intelligence of school leaders, teachers and staff, students, and their families. RULER includes four primary tools: the Charter, Mood Meter, Meta-Moment, and Blueprint. Each is based on scientific research and helps children and adults develop their emotional intelligence skills. These skills helps us Recognize, Understand, Label, Express, and Regulate emotions.
Have you ever made a decision you regret? How you’re feeling on the inside can have a huge impact on how you’re parenting on the outside. The Mood Meter is a tool to help us learn to recognize emotions (in ourselves and others) and talk about our feelings.
This tool has helped us work with students to build the vocabulary we need to name and regulate our emotions.
Learn more about how it works and how you could use it at home. Video. Article.
Believe it or not… there’s an App for that! Check out the Mood Meter App
highlight in our RedHawk Spotlight?
Please email their story and a couple of photos
to Tim Loversky for consideration.
Our first student in the RedHawk Spotlight is featured below!
Community Events & Information
CTE Presents The Legend of Hercules
BOARD APPROVED CALENDARS FOR 2020-2021 AND 2021-2022 School Years
Wredling Middle School - Home of the RedHawks