Drama Club Newsletter
The Music Man
Our spring musical had a record number of audience members in attendance just shy of 1500 people attended during our three performance run of The Music Man! Thank you for coming out to support 60+ students who were involved in this production. It was a special treat to have 9 students from Kelley School and NMS involved as cast for this show. There were many tears shed at our closing curtain call. The Music Man was one for the memory books!
Our resident graphic designer, NHS Senior Liberty Faliveno, gifted this beautiful caricature drawing of our entire cast and crew!
Bravo to our talented Drama Club members (Ryan Hermenet, Ben Cepulo, Jack Comella)
who created this Music Man Preview Video!
Taking our show on the road...
Field Trip to NYSTEA Student Conference
Our students shared their thoughts on the experience:
- "The conference really gets you out of your comfort zone. I feel like it made me a different person because I learned so many new things."
- "Always say 'yes' when you’re given the chance to take a risk. Even though you may have little vampires in your head reminding you of everything that could go wrong, don’t be afraid of failure and take a risk. It could lead to victory."
- "The conference reminded me to be brave in everything that I do."
- "It's a great learning experience especially if you want to go into musical theatre or something similar."
We received official approval to attend again January 10-12, 2020! Miss. Howard can bring 10 students (in grades 10-12). If you are interested, let her know. If more than 10 are interested we will have an application process. Want more info? Check out our website.
Spotlight on...our new spotlight!
Working with the next generation...
30 Drama Club members are traveling to NYC April 5-7! We have a jam packed itinerary which features TWO Broadway shows (The Prom and Come From Away), a Broadway Classroom Workshop (to learn a song and choreography from The Prom!), a tour of Lincoln Center, Top of the Rock and lots of great sightseeing!
Newark Middle School presents James and the Giant Peach, Jr. April 26 at 7:00pm and April 27 at 2:00pm!
Participation in the RBTL Stars of Tomorrow Gala May 16 and the Wayne Arts Elenbe Ceremony May 28!
One Act committee is in planning process! Stay tuned to see our Student Produced One Act most likely in May!
End of the year celebration for HS Drama Club Members - Friday June 7! Competition, food, and dancing!
Activities Round-Up: Drama Club Members in the News!
Click on any of the blue hyperlinks to take you to stories featured on the school website!
- Painting Supplies: black paint, white paint, paint brushes, rollers, tarp/paint drops, tape - duct, gaff, spike
- Costume Building Supplies: bolts of fabric or large pieces of scrap fabric, elastic, Velcro, other sewing items
- Costume Pieces: wigs, hats, men's black dress shoes, women's black or tan character shoes
- YOUR SEWING or BUILDING or PAINTING SKILLS! Ever want to help out? Connect with us!
Have something else you think we could use? Let us know! Thank you!
Newsletters publish 3-4 times per school year.
If you do not want to receive this newsletter please let me know and I will remove you from the distribution list. You can also click the UNSUBSCRIBE button at the end of this email.