Swim Omaha Weekly Email
No practice this Friday for ANY GROUP
SWIM OMAHA TEAM NOTES
Open in Web Browser to access translations
Abrir en el navegador web para acceder a las traducciones
- October 15-17 Swim Omaha - All Groups -
- Job Sign up for SO Meet https://www.signupgenius.com/go/5080944A9AB22A4FE3-swimfest
- Oct 22 BT Friday Night Races - -NOVICE BRONZE SILVER - SWIM OMAHA SWIMMERS EVENTS
- ACE Pilgrim Plunge meet - Registration Deadline: Oct 15, 2021 - Novice, Bronze, Silver, and Gold groups.
BT Friday Night Races #2 - Nov 19, 2021 - Info not available yet. - Novice, Bronze, and Silver
- No Practice October 29th - Coaches Monthly meeting.
- Short Course meet schedule it online.
- Changes to Silver Group meet schedule (See Coach Vic's section below)
Parents can be in the stands at both pool as long as you remain masked at all times. Lockers rooms are still closed at this time.
2021 MW SO Fall SwimFest
Friday, Oct. 15th, 4pm to Sunday, Oct. 17th, 12pm
8969 Park Drive
Sat/Sun October 16‐17 am 11 & Over Warmups 6:45‐7:55am Meet starts at 8:00am
Saturday, October 16 pm 10 & Under Warmups: 12:30 pm Meet starts at 1:15 pm
We need about 25-30 parents for each session to make it a smooth meet and a good experience for all the swimmers.
Below is the link for you to sign up for sessions when your swimmer is swimming. Thank you for supporting your swimmer and the sport they love to do.
Team Unify text communication
We need you to make sure there is a cell number on the member/swimmer page of your account for each child in your family.
Steps to follow:
- Log in to your account.
- Hover over My Account on the left side of the screen, and click on Account Info when the hover menu shows up.
- Click on the MEMBERS tab along the gray bar.
- Click on each swimmer, one at a time. Scroll down to the DETAILS screen until you see the SMS box.
- Put a cell phone in this box that can receive texts. This will be in case of sudden changes in practice/meet circumstances. These changes could be weather or facility related. We want you to get the information as quickly as possible!!
Thank you for helping us communicate with you more efficiently.
Click this button for directions on how to complete Safe Sport. • Athletes (age 12-17) must take “Safe Sport for Athletes” • Athletes (age 18+) must take “Athlete Protection Training,” • Parents must take “Parent’s Guide to Misconduct in Sport.”
USA Swimming OCTOBER WEBINAR
Give Your Child Courage for Change
Thursday, October 21, 2021 9:00 pm
Eastern Daylight Time (New York, GMT-04:00)
As parents, we often expect our children to handle change with the same confidence and poise as an adult. We might be expecting too much! The uncertainty of changes in the status quo can be very unsettling to children unless we teach them how to handle the emotions and the phases of personal and situational change in their lives. This webinar will teach you some strategies for giving your child the courage to face change more effectively.
You will learn:
• The three requirements for making a change
• Why your child might resist any change
• How to explain the phases of change
• How to get your child’s buy-in for necessary change
David will connect the key life skills of the lesson with winning on the field, and in life. The Power Point materials are loaded with practical information worth saving for future reference.
Novice and Bronze - Coach Lisa
Each swimmer needs their own kickboard and fins. Please order those through https://swimquik.com/collections/swim-omaha
Novice and Bronze need "long blade" fins. Not the short ones. There are no Arena brand long blade fins. Please order the speedo ones on the team store.
Make sure you have read the changes for Wednesday practice (above)
Silver - Coach Vic
Monday- Thursday 5:30-7 & 6:45-8:15
Friday- NO PRACTICE due to swim meet
Silver has decided to do the ACE meet and BT Friday night #2 in Nov and not the HLA meet in Lincoln.
** remember equipment and dryland shoes.
** locker room still closed
** watch email if your swimmer is swimming our meet this weekend, warm up schedules will be sent out midweek.