Ms. Kelp's Weekly News
Week of: October 17th
Next Week's Focus
This week in reading we will be reviewing our comprehension skills we've been working on: Main Idea, Theme, Synonyms & Antonyms, etc.
NO VOCAB OR SPELLING THIS WEEK!
Math: MATH REVIEW QUIZ WEDNESDAY!
We started learning about multiplication concepts this week. We will continue with understanding the meanings of multiplications by solving multiplication problems as "repeated addition" and using "arrays" to show pictures. We will also have a short quiz review math concepts we've learned during the first nine weeks (number since, estimating, place value, adding, subtacting)
We will have a timed fact test EVERY Tuesday and Thursday. Students have practice sheets in dry erase pockets they can bring home to practice. Student will start with addition facts and progress to basic multiplication facts as the year goes on. They are working towards earning QR code rewards and 3rd grade Ice Cream Party.
NO SPELLING THIS WEEK!
We will be having some fun this week doing 3 different Halloween Inquiry Activities. We will be questioning, experimenting, and solving problems that go with the Halloween theme.
Social Studies: Geography TEST TUESDAY.
Study guide is coming home on Friday. Please look it over. We will review in class on Monday!
Personal Best: Do your BEST work at all times.
Mark Your Calendars
Oct 19: Scholastic Book Orders Due
Oct 19: Spirit Wear Order Form Due
Oct 20-21 Fall Break, No School
Oct 24: Art to Remember Orders Due
Oct 28: Spirit Day (Wear Tiger Trot T-Shirt)
Oct 28: Tiger Trot Donations Due to PTO
Nov 4: Tiger Trot during School (Wear Tiger Trot T-Shirt)
Nov 10: PTO Meeting
Nov 18: PTO Movie Night
**If you'd like to connect to your child's online journal please click the link. It only takes 30 seconds. We use SeeSaw app to share what we have done in class.
Things to Remember:
- Each student will need to bring in a pair of headphone/earbud to keep at school!
- iPads will need to be brought to school daily, fully charged
- iPads will be used for production, not consumption. We will use them to utilize the curriculum. (no gaming)
- iPads are not used during indoor recess
- iPads are not out on the bus
- iPads are not out at the YMCA unless parents have communicated and signed off with the Y that they can be used for specific homework/assignments
- iPads will never go in the restroom
Related Arts Schedule
Friday: Library, P.E. (changes every 9 weeks)