News from the Nest
Issue #67 Week of February 12th
WOW! Words of the Week
Here are this week's words:
dimensions: a measurable extent of some kind, such as length, breadth, depth, or height.
plagiarism: the practice of taking someone else's work or ideas and passing them off as one's own.
WELCOME TO THE ELLIS SCHOOL APPAREL STORE!
ALL ORDERS WILL BE COLLECTED AND PRODUCED AT THE CONCLUSION OF THE ORDER PERIOD, February 21st at midnight, AND SHOULD BE AVAILABLE TO SHIP ABOUT 3 WEEKS FROM THEN. A PORTION OF THE PROCEEDS FROM THE STORE WILL GO BACK TO ELLIS SCHOOL.
You can now purchase your items online in 3 easy steps:
1. Go online to https://ellisschool.itemorder.com/
2. Choose your items and add them to your cart
3. Securely checkout with your credit card
Online Store Deadline: Tuesday February 21st, 2023 (11:59pm EST)
Reader’s Theater: After School Fun For K-2
Readers Theatre is a fun and engaging way for students to practice reading skills with their peers. Open to students in kindergarten through second grade, participants will practice reading scripts, creating props and even get ready for a performance to show off some of their skills!
This program will begin after school on Thursday March 16th and run for ten consecutive weeks. Students will need to be picked up at 4:15 at the front door of school.
Please note that there is a limit of ten participants! If you are interested in your student joining, please email Ms. Parenteau at email@example.com no later than February 20th. If more than ten students sign up, participants will be randomly chosen.
Safely Social: A Workshop for Parents Concerned About Kids and Social Media
March 16th at 6:00pm at Ellis School
Childcare will be available
This workshop is for you if:
• You’re a parent who’s wondering if social media is safe for your child.
• You’re unsure when to allow your child to use social media.
• Your child already uses social media and you feel uncertain about how to manage it.
• You want to understand the science behind social media use in young kids.
• You want immediate and effective strategies for keeping your child safe in a digital world.
• You need support on how to authentically create and hold boundaries.
• And more
Presented by Joni Lane
Please sign up here: https://mailchi.mp/d94b79a9fcad/safely-social
Notes from the Nurse
Free and Reduced Lunch Applications
Unfortunately, the USDA program providing free school meals to all students ended on June 30, 2022. Meals will no longer be free to all students in the 2022-2023 school year.
- Breakfast: $1.50 Full Price, $0.00 Reduced
- Lunch: $3.25 Full Price, $1.50 Reduced
If your child will be purchasing breakfast or lunch, please add funds to his/her account here:
Breakfast will be available for students to purchase each morning in the gym after they arrive at school.
Free and Reduced Applications can be found HERE
Please read the Fresh Picks Welcome Letter!
Fremont School District Food Service Director: Carole Humes 603-895-2511 x427 Fremont@freshpickscafe.com
February 13th: 100th Day of School
February 17th: ChildFind
February 17th: Middle School Dance: Grades 6-8
February 27th-March 3rd: Winter Break
March 13th: Parent Conferences 4:00-7:00pm
March 14th: No School, Parent Conferences 8:30am-12:00
March 23rd: 2023-24 Kindergarten Information Night
June 16th: 8th Grade Graduation