From Fourth Grade
* diving into the mystery genre with Chasing Vermeer
* students chose a mystery of their choice
* students worked with pentominoes, used Storybird with vocabulary words
* began working in smaller discussion groups using Chasing Vermeer
* spelling test and homework due on Monday
* continuing with Chasing Vermeer - reading assignments are in their planners
* new set of vocabulary words
* Began chapter 5 Birthplace of Independence
* students worked with vocabulary terms, understanding the geography of PA and the important history PA had at the beginning of our nation.
* We have a half-day next Friday
* Students received their January calendars - please check them out as well. I encourage students to write on their calendars to budget their time with reading assignments for the month.
* Each student should have their mystery novels
* My apologies for any grammar mistakes I make on these Newsletters. I just read December 18th's and saw that I wrote "May the Force be You"....ugh... that just proves I need to walk away before I proofread, and the force was not with me that day.