how parts of a four-cylinder engine work
Facts About Engines.
A four stroke engine is an internal combustion engine. There are four separate strokes, Intake, Exhaust, Compression, and Power.
The intake Stroke is the piston, Pulled downward in the cylinder by the connecting rod and turning the crankshaft, it draws air and fuel to the intake valve.
The Exhaust is the stroke of a piston in a four-stroke cylinder that pushes the burnt gases out as exhaust also called exhaust stroke.
The compression stroke - As the piston rises, the poppet valve is forced shut by the increased cylinder pressure. Flywheel momentum drives the piston upward, compressing the fuel/air mixture.
The power stroke -
The 15 Fastest Four Cylinder-engine Cars
15. Volvo S60 - The Volvo S60 has a turbocharged 2.0 liter four cylinder engine. It is incredibly quick as well, topping out at 135 mph.
14. Acura TSX-137 mph - an ample 201 horsepower by the 2.4 - liter line 4-cylinder engine, giving the TSX plenty of jump out of the blocks.
13. Subaru BR-Z - 145 mph - Subaru vehicles know for their outstanding capabilities on and off the road.
12. Ford Mustang-145 mph - Ford is taking steps to make its classic car more appealing to the eco-conscious crowd.
11. Hyundai Genesis Coupe-146 mph - Hyundai has grown into a favorite of drivers across the globe.j
10. Hyundai Sonata SE 2.0T - 135 mph - Few four-cylinder vehicles get the job done like a V6, but the Hyundai Sonata gets the job done.
9. Ford Focus ST - 154 mph - This Model has been modified to produce some astounding speed marks.
8. Mercedes-Benz SLK 250 - 155 mph - Mercedes has updated it's sporty SLK 250 model with a 201 horsepower turbocharged four-cylinder engine.
7. BMW Z4 - 155 mph - BMW's Z4 Roadster comes standard with a turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine.
6. Audi TTS - 155 mph - Audi's sleek luxury has as much jump and quickness as anyone could hope for out of a four-cylinder engine.
5. Volkswagen Golf R - 155 mph - The newest Golf R won't se the light of day until the 2016 model hits the streets in 2015.
4. Subaru WRX STI - 155 mph - The WRX is known for being a power full and capable little sedan.
3. Mercedes-Benz CLA45 AMG - 155 mph - The Mercedes-Benz CLA45 can make 355 horsepower from a 2.0-liter twin-scroll turbo four.