How the child gets cerebral palsy.
Cerebral palsy is caused by a brain injury or problem that occurs during pregnancy or birth or within the first 2 to 3 years of a child's life. It can be caused by: Problems from being born too early (premature birth). Not getting enough blood, oxygen, or other nutrients before or during birth.
Treatmentfor cerebral palsy.
Types of treatment for cerebral palsy can be:
- Speech therapy
- Medications such as- Spasticity, Baclofen(Both are muscle relaxers), Anticholinergics( controls abnormal movements )
- Medical aids, such as computers. Computers can transform the lives of cerebral palsy patients. Fitted with a light pointer attached to a headband and a voice synthesizer, they can give a child unable to speak or write the power of communication using nothing but simple head movements.
3 important facts
- Henry Bartlett is the oldest person with Cerebral palsy to ever live. (80 years old)
- 2 to 3 people out of 1000 in thee USA have Cerebral palsy.
- Stephen Hawkings was diagnosed with Cerebral palsy shortly after his 21st birthday.