Week ending October 13
VORS Focus for October-initiative
This week's news:
Thank you for attending parent conferences-it was lovely seeing you all. Thank you to the PTO for providing dinner for the staff who stayed for conferences
We raised $680 to donate to Valley Goes Pink-thanks to everyone who donated-
Please be sure that you are following the one way traffic flow at all times-all cars enter from Soundview and exit to Willoughby
Have a great weekend--see you all on Monday-Mrs. Weber
Please be sure your child is in school appropriate footwear-crocs are super cute but not practical for the playground.
- Spirit days are fun ways to unite as a school. They are optional and if you do not want your child to participate, that is completely fine. The schedule for the year is attached below
- Just a reminder that any medications must be brought to ESS by an adult. Students are not allowed to have medications in their backpacks at any time
- If your child is arriving in the morning after the doors are closed, please do not just drop your child and drive away. Please walk your child to the front door and ring the bell and we will escort them to their classroom
As stated in the rules/expectations that were sent out and are also linked below please remember that
- Student cell phones and smart watches must remain in backpacks in the off position during the school day. Students are not allowed to use these devices while at school. If your child contacts you during the day, please call the office instead of responding.
- Be sure to label all student items including jackets, sweatshirts, water bottles and lunch boxes. We have an overflowing lost and found collection each year. Anything left at the end of the year will be donated
- We have designated visitor parking in front of the school. Please use those spaces when you come to school. Parking is not allowed at any time in the fire lanes or in front of the school after 3:00 when buses begin to arrive .
- Book Fair-schedule below
- Morning bus evacuation drill at ESS
- Book character day-dress up as your favorite book character
- Parent Conferences-6:00-8:00-adults only- appointments must be scheduled ahead of time-no walk ins are permitted
- Early dismissal
- Fall craft/snack day
- Black/orange day-NO costumes
- No School-Election Day
- 6:00-Parent Meeting about Report Cards
- 6:30-PTO Meeting
- Red/White/blue Day
- Energy Assembly
- BOE Meeting
- Early dismissal
- Early Dismissal
- Early Dismissal
- Shelton Day
November 23-November 26
- No School
Support the Elizabeth Shelton School Library Media Center!
Starting on September 25th and running through November 22nd, we are holding our first online Titlewish fundraiser of the year. Please know that 100% of the money we raise will go directly to purchasing new materials for our school library.
We’re asking you to participate and help us raise $1,000. To help us meet our goal, please visit https://www.titlewish.com/1095299. The site goes live on Monday, September 25th.
Thank you for helping us provide Elizabeth Shelton School students with the best education possible! It is a great way to honor your child for their birthday or any special occasion, or just because you want to help! Your child will have their name placed in a new book in honor of your donation.
Library Media Specialist
If you have any questions email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sign up to Volunteer in the Media Center
ESS Library Media Center Volunteer Form
Dear Parents and Guardians, My name is Mrs. Bush, and I am the Library Media Specialist at Elizabeth Shelton School. I am looking for volunteers to help out in the Library Media Center. Your help will ensure that our LMC is the best it can be for your child and all of our students.
- Please be sure you have read and have familiarized yourself with all the rules/expectations at ESS-especially about morning arrival and afternoon dismissal https://www.smore.com/app/pages/preview/mh5j6
- Link to our school website which contains lots of information-http://elizabethshelton.sheltonpublicschools.org/home_page