Dripping Springs ISD
Things to think about with your mentor or mentee...
- Continue to invite each other to observe your classroom or another colleague's class, we can learn so much from our colleagues!
- Continue to look at your campus/department/team calendar together. As we move closer to the end of the year our calendars fill up with activities.
- Check in with each other about Summer Professional Development and requirements (GT update, Exchange Day). Mark your calendars for August 14th - special presenter/PD for the first exchange day.
- Check in with each other on ADDs as you prepare for your summative meetings. Support each other with goal writing for the 17-18 school year.
- Elementary: Talk about campus procedures for class placement.
Thoughts, Tips, and Tidbits :)
Here are some possible questions for you and your mentee to begin reflecting on your role as an educator this year:
- What are some things you accomplished this year that you are proud of?
- What is something you tried in your classroom this year for the first time? How did it go?
- Which student in your class do you think showed the most improvement? Why do you think this student did so well?
- What is something you would change about this year if you could?
- What is one way that you grew professionally this year?
- What collaboration went really well this year?
- When was a time this year when you felt joyful and/or inspired about the work that you do?
- What do you hope your students remember most about you as a teacher?
- What was the most valuable thing you learned this year?
- What is something you did this year that went better than you thought it would?
- What part of the school day is your favorite? What part of the day is your student's favorite? Why?
- In what ways did you change the lives of your students this year?
Hint: Print it out and write down your thoughts! OR use this!
We appreciate your commitment to support each other!
Please feel free to leave us comments, ask questions or give suggestions below. We want this mentoring experience to be as rewarding to you as those you support!
Your Campus Instructional Facilitators (IFs),
Tami Ballard, Amber Daige, Rachel Foreman, Kari Hibdon, Stephanie Love, and Wendy Middleton