IT - Application Training & Support
JULY 30, 2020
ATTN: All Employees
Board of Trustee Approvals
Dallas Independent School District’s Board of Trustees approved several changes to the 2020-21 school year calendar.
The approved changes are:
- The first day of school moves from Aug. 17 to Sept. 8.
- The last day of school moves from May 27, 2021, to June 18, 2021
- Previously planned holidays in October are removed due to the cancellation of the State Fair.
- Tuesday, November 3, 2020, is added as a holiday.
- Grading periods are increased from six-week to nine-week periods.
Reentry Information for Parents and Staff
Campus-based employees are encouraged to review the start and end dates for their positions and report to work on the new dates indicated.
- Edpuzzle - https://edpuzzle.com/
- Screencastify - https://www.screencastify.com/
- Screencastomatic - https://screencast-o-matic.com/
- Vizzle - https://home.govizzle.com/
- Flipgrid - https://info.flipgrid.com/
- Quizizz - https://quizizz.com/
- Pear Deck - https://www.peardeck.com/googleslides
- Kahoot - https://kahoot.com/
- Menitmeter - https://www.mentimeter.com/
- Padlet - https://padlet.com/
- Loom - https://www.loom.com/
- PlayPosit - https://go.playposit.com/
- Nearpod - https://nearpod.com/
NOTE: You can register for these applications for free but there may be an additional cost for upgraded features.
The link provides resources created by the Professional and Digital Learning Department for learning management system.
Google Cloud Conference | August 5th, 9:00 AM- 3:00 PM
Join us for a day of live webinars on a diverse range of digital tools ranging from basics about Google Classroom to strategies to engage students in choice-based learning with G Suite Tools.
These webinars will be presented by FriEDTechnology and supported by the PDL and PL departments. Sessions will happen during 3 blocks of time during the day, and participants will be able to choose between two sessions at a given time. The cap for each live webinar will be 400 participants.
To view the schedule and register for each session, go to bit.ly/85cloudconf.
ATTN: All Employees
- Report an Incident to the IT Service Desk
- Order IT Services from our Service Catalog
- Look up the current status of your open tickets
- Find information in our Knowledge Base
- Contact IT Service Desk via Chat
- All district employees have access to the Support hub using your EAD credentials
- If you have an Incident – Click the “Report an Issue” Button > Complete Form > Submit
- If you have a Request – Click the “Order Something” Button > Complete Form > Submit
- Find information – Click the “Knowledge Base” Button > Search for Knowledge Base Articles
- Start Support chat conversation
11th Floor labs will only be allotted a 25% occupancy for Instructor Led Training based on seat count. The total room capacity numbers below allow for a 6 feet distance.
Lab 61 – 5 attendees + 1 Trainer = 6 Total
Lab 62 – 3 attendees + 1 Trainer = 4 Total
Lab 63 – 10 attendees + 1 Trainer = 11 Total
NOTE: No walk-ins will be permitted. Entry will be based on registration list.
ATTN: Campus Staff
- Mon. 8/3/20 - Procurement - 8 a.m. - Register
- Tues. 8/4/20 - Finance Management - 8 a.m. - Register
- Tues. 8/4/20 - Activity Funds - 1 p.m. - Register
- Wed. 8/5/20 - Payroll - 8 a.m. - Register
- Thurs. 8/6/20 - iExpense - 8 a.m. - Register
- Mon. 8/10/20 - Procurement - 8 a.m. - Register
- Tues. 8/11/20 - Finance Management - 8 a.m. - Register
- Tues. 8/11/20 - Activity Funds - 1 p.m. - Register
- Wed. 8/12/20 - Payroll - 8 a.m. - Register
- Thurs. 8/13/20 - iExpense - 8 a.m. - Register
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY| 9400 NORTH CENTRAL EXPRESSWAY, DALLAS, TX 75231