Mrs. Tax's Kindergarten Class
Week of December 6, 2015
Volunteer Appreciation and Opportunities
- A big thank you to Jacqueline Boyd (Jaylynn's mom) for coming to have lunch with our class this past Friday so that Ms. Powell and I could enjoy our staff lunch!
- Thank you to our dedicated morning volunteer crew; Renee (Asa's mom), Meg and Josh (Juniper's parents) and Brae (Oliver's mom). They check our reading homework log each day and help keep our crew moving along with their morning jobs. We still have a spot on Friday if you would like to help out in the classroom.
- Volunteers are needed for the Penguin Patch Holiday Shoppe. This new idea from the PTO is designed to be a fun opportunity for students to buy small items for their family. Parents are needed to help run the shop. Here is the sign-up sheet:
- We have finished Unit 1 in Fundations and will begin assessing the students this week. Everyone has worked so hard and I know I will see great things from our class!
- This Thursday is the Storytelling Festival. It is one of the wonderful ways we integrate the arts into our school. Local storytellers, some from our school, will spend the day sharing the craft of storytelling. We will be spending the whole day traveling around the school, listening to stories and interacting with the storytellers. Of course we will take breaks to stretch, snack, get outside and eat lunch.
- This past Friday we had our in house field trip with High Tech High Touch Science. We explored Forces in Motion in a variety of ways. Below are some pictures from our field trip.