Mrs. Lamparter's Class
March 20th, 2015
Charles Adu was our Star of the Week. We loved seeing all of his pictures and really liked his book "Don't Let the Pigeons Drive the Bus".
The Book Fair is here! Our shopping day is Monday, March 23rd at 12:15 PM. You may join your child to shop OR send in money with them.
We are going on a field trip to the Gwinnett Environmental Heritage Center on April 20th. Please send in permission slip and payment by Friday, April 3rd.
Information about our Vocabulary Hat Day came home last week. Each student was given a vocabulary word. Hats need to be turned in on Wednesday April 1st. I hope you can attend our school-wide parade on Friday, April 3rd at 8:30 AM.
Please send in empty gallon milk or juice jugs so we can make our "bunny" baskets for our egg hunt on April 3rd. We only have 10 so far!
- Building our sight word vocabulary
- Retelling familiar stories and telling about the characters, setting, and what happened in the story
- Matching long and short vowel sounds with common spellings
- Telling similar words apart by the sounds
- Working on putting uppercase letters at the beginning of a sentence and naming end punctuation.
- Features of non-fiction text
- Finding information in non-fiction text about American symbols
- Writing leprechaun stories
- Fluently reading and understanding books ON grade level
- Working independently in Daily Five centers to become better readers, writers, and spellers
READ and RECORD so we can REWARD!!
We will have a shorter amount of time this 4th Nine weeks to record mega minutes so the totals have been adjusted.
Please click on the link to record your Mega Minutes daily. You can also go to the Craig Home Page to record minutes OR get the SchoolInfo App and record your minutes there!
White Horseshoe: 660+ minutes
Maroon Horseshoe: 940 +minutes
Gold Horseshoe: 1100+ minutes
Bronco: 1410+ minutes
- Adding and subtracting with objects and pictures
- Adding and subtracting within ten by drawing or using objects to solve problems
- Describing attributes of an object such as weight ot length
- Decomposing numbers less than or equal to ten in different ways
- Adding any number from one to nine to make ten
- Sorting objects into categories
- Fluently adding and subtracting within five
Using math tools- number line, rekenrek, and tens frame to build numbers
Daily calendar math
- Counting by tens, fives, and ones to 100
- Using "number talks" to explain our math thinking
- Using the "Notice and Wonder" strategy to help us with problem solving
Craig Character Award
- The Book Fair is coming to Craig from March 23rd- March 27th. Our shopping day is Monday, March 23rd at 12:15 PM. You are welcome to join your child OR send in money to buy books. Family Night will be on March 24th from 6:45- 8:00 PM.
- Craig Art & Technology Fair is Tuesday, March 24th at 7:00. Student art work will be displayed and Technology projects will be posted.
- Next week, March 23-27, PTA and Student Council will be sponsoring the "Support-A-Pet" Campaign. We are asking that students bring in the following items for us to donate to the Gwinnett Humane Society: dog/cat food, treats, non-scoopable litter, and new or gently used pet beds, towels, blankets, bowls, dog collars, and non-retractable leashes. In return for your donations, we will give your child a frame to display his or her pet(s) on our "Pet Wall of Fame" in the front lobby! This is another great opportunity to support our community, so let's show everyone just how much Craig Cares!
- Please send in permission slip and money for our field trip on Monday, April 20th to the Gwinnett Environmental and Heritage Center no later than April 3rd!
- Career Day is coming! Craig will be holding our Career Day on May 11, 2015. If you would like to volunteer to come in and share information about your career, please contact Hythia Young (Hythia_Young@gwinnett.k12.ga.us) or Katie Fields (Katie_Fields@ gwinnett.k12.ga.us). Thanks in advance for helping us make our Career Day a success!
- The Brookwood Cluster Announces… The 18th Annual Student Reading/Writing Institute For current K - 4th graders on June 1-4th Mon. – Thurs. 9:00 – 12:00.
- Camp Invention is coming to Craig Elementary on June 1-4th from 8:00 AM- 4:00 PM. Sign up at http://campinvention.org