October Parent Connection
Mrs. Friend - SCCS Faith Integration Specialist
This year at SCCS we are looking at God’s epic story through the lens of creation, fall, redemption and restoration. We will be taking a whirlwind tour from Genesis through Revelation. Our storyline “Between the Trees” is an image of how we are living our lives in the time between the tree of life in Genesis 2 and the tree of life in Revelation 22. We celebrate the world God has made, but long for the day when sin will be no more. While we wait for that day, we seek God's restoration in all of life. We are thankful that we can partner with the Northwestern College drama department in bringing to life the Scripture passages led by the 7/8 drama team each month.
October - The Fall: What a Mess!
We are focusing on “What a Mess! (the Fall)” during the month of October. We mourn the brokenness we see around us, but take joy knowing that our world belongs to God. The 7th/8th graders did a great job helping us enter into the sad story in Genesis 3. Pastor Monroe from 1st CRC challenged us to not only recognize the brokenness in our world, but also to look at ourselves and honestly confess the times when we have been disobedient. He also pointed us to the cross where there is forgiveness and grace. I would encourage you to watch our chapel and also the Storyline song for October below. Click on the pictures below to see a larger version of each picture.
October Connection Groups
Online Class through Vibrant Faith Ministries
Key Factors: Family Faith
- Parents' personal faith and practice
- A close and warm parent-child relationship
- Parent modeling and teaching a religious faith
- Parent involvement in church life and Sunday worship
- Grandparent religious influence and relationship
- Family conversations about faith
- Family faith religious practices including praying, reading the Bible, serving others, and celebrating religious holidays and rituals