Week of March 16th
"Leadership is neither a rank nor a title. It is a choice. It is the choice to provide care and protection for those whom we are responsible." - Simon Sinek
Boosterthon Kicks Off This Week!
Austin Teachers and Staff!
We are excited to be partnering with Austin Elementary for the 4th year. We are so thankful for you and all you do for these students. Below is a basic overview of the Boosterthon Fun Run, which should help you understand our fun program more. More details will be covered at the Teacher Meeting on March 16th at 3:15 pm in the Library. We will keep it short and sweet!
Boosterthon Pep Rally: March 16th - Gym
2:00 PM -- All Grades
Team Days: March 17-20, 23-24, 26
During these days, students will be gathering pledges from friends, family and relatives, plus experiencing our world-class character program. This year’s theme is Rock’n Town Live—a fun, music festival theme all about community! For pledges, students can get a pledge per lap (a dollar amount for every lap they run in the Fun Run) or a flat donation—both pledge types count toward the rewards. $30 in flat donations is the equal to $1 pledge per lap.
Team Day #1 - Team
Team Day #2 - Plug Into Serve
Team Day #3 - Amplify Others
Team Day #4 - Listen For Feedback
Team Day #5 - Play Hard
Team Day #6 - Thank Your Crowd
Team Day #7 - Follow Up Day (Thursday, March 26th)
Boosterthon Fun Run – Wednesday, March 25th
The track size is about 1/16 of a mile. All students, even kindergarteners, will run an average of 30-35 laps.
8:15 - K & 1st
9:15 - 2nd & 3rd
10:15 - 4th & 5th
- Students’ pledge money is due on March 31st.
- Sponsors can pay online at www.funrun.com, or with check or cash.
- Each student will receive an envelope after the Fun Run to help collect their pledges.
- Checks can be written to "Austin Elementary PTO".
We Need Your Help
- Create team name and team goals - Please create a fun team name for your class and team goals the FIRST day of the program. Please promote your goals every day.
- Keep parents informed - Throughout the Boosterthon program, please help us communicate the Community Challenge of the day to your parents. Also, please invite them to the Boosterthon Fun Run on March 25th. It’s an incredible community event.
- Have fun! - We want you to have fun during the entire program. The more fun you have, the more excited your students will be.
We are so excited to serve Austin Elementary for the 4th year! Please let our team know if you have any questions.
Have a great day!
Carson, Max, and the Boosterthon Team
What's Happening in the Legislature?
Check out the 2 articles below. The first gives a great overview of the bill. The second provides a general legislative overview and more details on how the proposed rating system would be used to evaluate staff and influence pay.
Whatever your stance on these issues, I encourage you to please reach out to your Rep/Senator and let your views be known!
Midway through the post, there is a section titled "Drawing the line..." This includes further discussion on the proposed rating system.
Learner / Educator
Summer Conference's "New Look"
Here is a quick overview of what to expect. Registration opens on April 1st. Participants must register so that enough materials are purchased.
- Dates - June 15-17
- Location - New Tech
- Conference will be organized into strands- K-2, 3-5, 6-8, & 9-12. There will also be a strand (K-5 2.0) for those that have already participated in the Literacy group this year and last!
- The conference is open to ALL educators regardless of content area.
Life Principle - Generosity
Quote - "The manner of giving is worth more than the gift." - Pierre Corneille
Healthy Tip - Running, jumping, skipping, swimming, and dancing are all great ways to exercise your body. Try to get some exercise each day!
Week At A Glance...
- Welcome back!
- Boosterthon Pep Rally - 2:00 (Gym) We will begin calling classes shortly before 2:00.
- Boosterthon Teacher Meeting - 3:15 (Library)
- PTO Meeting - 6:30
- Happy Birthday Liz!
- Literacy Training (Ally, Sharon, Casey, Caitlin, Lindsay)
- Open House - 6:00-7:00
- Art Fair - 6:00-8:00
- 4th/5th Grade TELPAS Reading
- Campus Testing Security Training - 3:30 (All staff attend)
- 3rd Grade TELPAS Reading
- Happy Birthday Sharon!
Friday (Rise & Shine / E-Time Schedule)
- Rise & Shine
- E-Time / Clusters
- 2nd Grade TELPAS Reading
Sunday, March 22nd - Happy Birthday Emily!
Tues. 3/24 - 3:30 - STAAR Training for 4th Writing / 5th Reading
Wed. 3/25 - FunRun!
Wed. 3/25 - Grade Level PLC Time
Thurs. 3/26 - Brown Bag Lunch
Fri. 3/27 - End of 3rd 9 Weeks