Updates and Reminders
Back to School Edition
This summer flew by! ESY was a great success! Now, as we head back into the school year, I want to share some updates and reminders with you.
- First Day of School and Back to School Breakfast (see more information below)- September 3, 2019
- Surviving and Thriving Parent Support Group (Meeting at Annex)- September 21, 2019 10:00 am to 11:30 am
- Dine and Donate- Anthony's Coal Fired Pizza- September 26, 2019 (See Development Update below for details!)
- IEP Days (No school for students both campuses)- September 30, 2019 and October 1, 2019
- Surviving and Thriving Parent Support Group (Meeting at Annex)- October 12, 2019 10:00 am to 11:30 am
- Weekend Workshops for Parents and Community Members- Topic: Related Services -October 12, 2019 10:00-11:30 (More information to come)
- Columbus Day (No School for students both campuses) - October 14, 2019
- Halloween Party- October 31, 2019 (More information to come)
Below are some reminders for the start of the new school year:
- Arrival begins at 8:20 every day, with school starting at 8:30.
- Preschool Dismissal is at 12:30 each day.
- School Age Dismissal will be at 2:55 each day. Please arrive by 3:05 to pick up your child.
- If your child will not be coming to school, please notify school by 9:00.
- If you need to pick up your child early or your child will be arriving late due to appointments, please notify the school as soon as possible.
- Please be sure to send in a lunch, snack, and water bottle each day. A microwave is available to reheat food if necessary.
- ASUA is a NUT FREE school-please do not send any products containing peanuts or tree nuts to school with your child.
- Please send in a spare change of clothes with your child to be kept at school. Please be sure everything is labeled with your child’s name.
- ASUA does not require any necessary school supplies for your child for school besides a lunch box and backpack. We will provide all other items. We do have a "wish list" and appreciate any donations of the following: Tissues, hand sanitizer, dry erase markers, ziplock bags, and cleaning wipes.
Back to School Breakfast- September 3, 2019 8:30-9:30
2019-2020 School Programming Update
Hello! My name is Trish Corvo and I am the new Director of Development and Advancement for ASUA! I am looking forward to a great school year! We are excited to share that this year our fundraising efforts will focus on a number of community events. We will have a complete calendar soon, but here are the events happening in the Fall.
- Thursday, September 26: Dine and Donate
11:30 am – 9:00 pm
Anthony’s Coal Fire Pizza
100 Welsh Rd, Horsham, PA 19044
Anthony’s will donate 20% of sales to ASUA! This includes take out and catering orders.
- Friday, December 6: 1st Annual Holiday Market
3:00 pm to 8:00 pm
ASUA’s Jenkintown Location
Join us for our 1st Annual Holiday Market with several amazing local vendors. This is your one-stop shop for holiday gifts for your whole family! Free childcare will be available while you shop. Please contact me if you are interested in becoming a vendor.
- Giant A+ School Rewards
ASUA will be participating in Giant’s A+ School Rewards Program! Our school ID#: 41057
has the opportunity to participate in and earn CASH from A+ School Rewards, a great fundraising program run through your local Giant! A flyer with instructions on how to sign up will be sent home with your child.
To earn points:
· Use your registered BonusCard® each time you shop at any Giant, and you will earn CASH for our school. You can confirm your school selection by logging into your account.
· At the end of each month, your points are calculated and converted to CASH rewards. These CASH rewards for our school are updated monthly. You can track our progress when you sign into your online account.
· Our school will receive one CASH rewards check at the end of the program and can use this cash for any of our educational needs.
Also, please encourage your family members and friends to support our school. This could result in more cash rewards for our school!
If you have any questions or interested in helping with Fundraising efforts or events, please contact me at email@example.com or 215-885-1075.