Asparagus, Chicken & Quinoa Bake
By Tiffany Po
- 1 c. chicken broth
- 2 c. milk
- ½ c. Masa corn flour (you can substitute all-purpose flour)
- 1 Tbsp. Roasted Garlic Montreal Chicken seasoning
- ¾ c. uncooked quinoa
- ½ lb. chicken, cut in small strips
- ½ c. cooked bacon, crumbled
- ½ c. leeks, chopped
- 1½ c. asparagus, cut in 2" pieces
- ⅔ c. extra sharp white cheddar, shredded
- Preheat your oven to 375°.
- In a medium saucepan over high heat, whisk together the chicken broth and flour until smooth and cook for a minute. Add the milk and garlic seasoning and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes until thickened.
- In a large bowl, fold together the sauce with the quinoa, chicken, bacon, leeks and asparagus and pour into a 10"x10" sprayed baking dish. Top with the shredded cheese and bake for 40-50 minutes covered until the quinoa is sprouted and the chicken is no longer pink. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Why It's Great
Light Asparagus, Chicken & Quinoa Bake is filled with leeks, bacon, asparagus and extra sharp white cheddar for a flavor packed dinner that is so good, you won’t believe it is lightened up! By making your own sauce and using lean chicken and the protein packed super food, quinoa, you get a hearty meal heavy on nutrients and light on fat.
Celebration of Life!
Tuesday, Dec. 8th, 9pm
Where ever you are!